Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever had a prog dream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2021 at 00:29
Originally posted by HeyItsJustJP HeyItsJustJP wrote:

I just had a dream a few nights ago that I was walking around the shopping mall, and I came upon Mike, Tony and Phil (Genesis) hanging around the mall santa, chatting it up. I tried running up to go talk to them (specifically Mike as he just seemed really friendly), but woke up before I could get there.

Dream Interpretation? I wanted to see Genesis this tour, but wasn't able to make any of their showsWacko

Good one!  I'm often able to trace dreams back to actively pondering/thinking about a band, as you indicate.  

Sounds like you had a good time!  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2022 at 15:05
Once dreamed that Peter Gabriel was a benevolent uncle.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2023 at 07:27
The other night I had not a prog dream but a Prog Archives dream, so I thought I'd share:

I was at a Prog Archives meet. It was held in some kind of a combination of hostel and barrack. There were PA people sitting around, talking, just hanging out. I don't know which of you guys as I don't know any of you nor what you look like. But a good time was had by all. At some point I felt I needed to go out to read a book in peace. I did that and went to some park and sat on a bench. At the park, the band Jesus Lizard were playing an outdoor gig (they're a real band as some of you may know). I don't remember what they played, but it wasn't any of their real music. When they stopped, I asked their guitarist Duane Denison (who didn't look like real life him but it was him anyway) if they're gonna play more and he said they're just having a 10 minute break. I figured I'll get back to the meet and ask you guys to come along and see them. On my way back I got lost and ended up in the yard of some government buildings (that looked like the campus area of the local university) and I was surrounded by men in black who started to close in on me. 

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2023 at 14:16
Originally posted by Hiram Hiram wrote:

The other night I had not a prog dream but a Prog Archives dream, so I thought I'd share:

I was at a Prog Archives meet. It was held in some kind of a combination of hostel and barrack. There were PA people sitting around, talking, just hanging out. I don't know which of you guys as I don't know any of you nor what you look like. But a good time was had by all. At some point I felt I needed to go out to read a book in peace. I did that and went to some park and sat on a bench. At the park, the band Jesus Lizard were playing an outdoor gig (they're a real band as some of you may know). I don't remember what they played, but it wasn't any of their real music. When they stopped, I asked their guitarist Duane Denison (who didn't look like real life him but it was him anyway) if they're gonna play more and he said they're just having a 10 minute break. I figured I'll get back to the meet and ask you guys to come along and see them. On my way back I got lost and ended up in the yard of some government buildings (that looked like the campus area of the local university) and I was surrounded by men in black who started to close in on me. 

Clap Thanks for sharing!!  I've often wished we could have a PA gathering.  Imagine the guest list we might be able to draw!  

I haven't had a prog dream in a while, but dreamt about Cheap Trick onstage.  As they come from near to the place of my birth (Rockford, Illinois USA), I've seen them many, many times.  Not a "prog band" by any stretch, but they have been very innovative....bassist Tom Petterson spurred the development of the mighty 12-string bass!!  

Here, from their first LP.  This is a very nicely composed song.  Only song I've ever heard of that used a mando-cello.  

UnderGround View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2023 at 13:34
I do not know if my dream was prog, but I made a prog album from the story of this dream...
I dreamed a girl in a white dress. She was in the courtyard of a castle. She had a copper nail on her forehead and a chain was passed through it. As soon as he saw me he disappeared behind a door.
More nightmare than progressive, I think...Wink

Edited by UnderGround - August 10 2023 at 13:35
https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/album/zantea-chronicles-the-dream-dominator
Greenmist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greenmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2023 at 13:40
The only "prog dream" i have ever had, was i dreamt that i was watching a documentry on a certain species of animal who's one and only habitat in the world was in danger.   But in the end, dedicated activists did all they could to save their habitat, and they were sucsessful .  The documentry ended with Leap of Faith by IQ playing.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2023 at 22:06
Thanks for keeping the thread going! 

I took a nap today, and had a very pleasant dream about the Beatles (about their "Help!" vintage).  

Interestingly, they were in the studio, playing THIS song!!  Crossed signals, but it was better than dreaming about spiders & snakes! 

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 09:22
I've been having them lately but unfortunately I don't remember the details. 

The problem with a PA gathering is that most people live scattered throught the country and even the world. So if I put together a gathering in the Philly area it wouldn't be fair to those who live in Chicago or California or Canada or South America or wherever!

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 11 2023 at 09:25
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:59
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The problem with a PA gathering is that most people live scattered throught the country and even the world. So if I put together a gathering in the Philly area it wouldn't be fair to those who live in Chicago or California or Canada or South America or wherever!

i know, vexing problem!  How about a roving party of prog-heads, moving from city to city, country to country, continent to continent? 

If some major label would pick it up, think of the massive turnout they could have!   Sort of like "Cruise to the Edge" on land!  

I'm seeing more and more prog bands touring & playing a variety of venues....all it takes is $$$! 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2023 at 08:51
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

i know, vexing problem!  How about a roving party of prog-heads, moving from city to city, country to country, continent to continent? 

If some major label would pick it up, think of the massive turnout they could have!   Sort of like "Cruise to the Edge" on land!  

I'm seeing more and more prog bands touring & playing a variety of venues....all it takes is $$$! 

I thought you meant more like a private party at someone's house where they play prog music and not a concert or festival kind of thing.
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2023 at 08:53
I had a dream that Esoteric/Cherry Red released a 'Twelth Night' CD box set. 

I hope it comes true! Smile
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2023 at 21:35

Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I thought you meant more like a private party at someone's house where they play prog music and not a concert or festival kind of thing.

That would be fine, also!  I've become good friends with PresDoug over the years, and several others like LazLand! 

What I was thinking of was more like Baja Prog, or one of the other big festivals.  It might be easier to do it virtually.  I'm sure many of us show up at the same shows (especially folks like Steve Hackett), but I don't know how we connect with one another.  
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 21:15
I've had dreams of holding Annie Haslam in my arms and kissing her romantically under the stars on the beach at night....or carrying her across the beach under the moonlight.
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 21:32
Originally posted by Jacob Schoolcraft Jacob Schoolcraft wrote:

I've had dreams of holding Annie Haslam in my arms and kissing her romantically under the stars on the beach at night....or carrying her across the beach under the moonlight.

I assume you've heard this?
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2023 at 07:09
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

I assume you've heard this?

No I haven't. I'm only familiar with the Mike Oldfield recording. I don't have Annie Haslam's solo releases. Shame on me. I have 12 Renaissance releases but not her solo recordings. I never realized she recorded Moonlight Shadow. Thanks for sharing this!
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2023 at 12:05

Now THAT'S what I'd call a dream!!  Clap

I think that the more time I spend on PA, the more likely I am to have a prog dream!!  I dreamt about Fripp a few days ago.  Nothing specific.  Better to have prog dreams than being in a plane crash!
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2023 at 07:31
I think once I had a dream of Steven Wilson visiting my school but that's about it I think.
D~B
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2023 at 10:27
For quite a few years after Frank Zappa died, I was having the occasional recurring dream that he was actually still alive and having concerts in small venues.  In some he spoke to me.

Damn you, Steve Jobs, for putting the idea in my head!
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 16:27
A few pages back I posted a Prog Related dream I had about Deep Purple. Well, now I've had a Prog Related-Related dream about Whitesnake. Weird thing is I very rarely have ever listened to either one, aside from the inevitable radio exposure.

I went to see Witesnake. They were playing in what looked like a high school theater. The stage looked like Peewee’s Playhouse set. David Coverdale came out with a blue Telecaster and started singing a song about a boy who was the greatest guitarist in the world but he refused to play. He played a guitar solo and threw the guitar to the back of the stage but it turned into a cheap ‘80s special effect and spun off into the background. Neal Schon from Journey popped in on a balcony in the stage set and started singing about love and inclusiveness. I rolled my eyes and then realized he was looking right at me so I felt bad. Then David Coverdale dropped to his knees with his back to the audience and with his fists in the air sang “Why must you forsake your own hands!?” in the style of Charlton Heston. Neal Schon popped back in to sing some more, looking right at me. I turned to my friend and in my best gay voice said “it’s like he’s singing directly to ME!”  I said it way too loud and everyone heard it and half the theater laughed and the other half gave me a dirty look. I felt bad again.

I had the song "Here I Go Again" stuck in my head for several days before this dream. The music in the dream was based on that song. I really didn't know it was Whitesnake until I googled it afterward. As far as I knew it was Night Ranger or 38 Special or White Lion or Great White or Bon Jovi...
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 15:53
I had a dream Jon Anderson died last night
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>