Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Anderson - Go Screw Yourself video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 13:00
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Does anyone have a clue who plays on the song besides Jon?  The lead guitar reminds me of Trevor Rabin a bit.  

I'm not sure. I don't think it's Trevor but I don't really know. It could be almost anyone.
Cinema View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:33
Maybe it's just me ... I think it's totally bizarre.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:18
I give the guy huge credit for doing something genuinely surprising and relevant at this late stage in his career, and for having his heart in the right place.

I'll probably only ever listen to it the once, though.

Edited by Mascodagama - October 20 2020 at 08:18
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:34
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

I give the guy huge credit for doing something genuinely surprising and relevant at this late stage in his career, and for having his heart in the right place.

I'll probably only ever listen to it the once, though.
I couldn't even make through the whole song once!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 19:38
Poor fella still sounds great but he's really forcing it here.....pity 'cause that voice is magical and with the right setting could still produce somthing special.  Go call Howe and the Jean-Luc Ponty band.
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
jlneudorf View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlneudorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 19:49
Listened to this again. Liking it more and more. The rhythm is kind of, I don't know, maybe a little disjointed. I think it works and Jon's voice is pure bliss. I also like the impactful statement hes making with this. It is refreshing to hear him a little pissed off. Lord knows humanity needs a kick in the ass, now more than ever.
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 19:54
Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

...pity 'cause that voice is magical and with the right setting could still produce somthing special.

Yes, it was called Invention of Knowledge
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 21:50
I must have listened to it at least half a dozen times now. Hopefully he will release it on an album at some point.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 22:40
^Same. I found the song catchy. And worth hearing Jon sing "soulless motherf*ckers".
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 08:44
Hi,

We still on this?

Jon has always had a side with opinions and he was always polite and sometimes kinda quiet about them. But he was not sure he felt right about saying anything ... and if finally clicked ... and that's good!

If anything, it is nice to hear, and feel, that finally Jon is going out with a "bang" in that the beauty and greatness he started with gave way to the real feelings that he has had for some time, but did not express, and as such, that makes him a very honest and expressive artist ... and my only hope is that he does not quiet down, and continue ... we need more people exploding ... and we're not gonna get Ian much more since his voice is gone. But his opinions were always slightly hidden ... which to my ears was chicken poop ... and one of the reasons why I got out of JT after the big trio of albums! (TAAB/PP/MIAG).
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 15:58
This one is good too. This is from Alex Skolnick(from the metal band Testament). 

If the above one doesn't work(and it doesn't seem to)then copy and paste the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuR4IRml268&fbclid=IwAR2346KMyFh45hE7imPjjrk4mCcrmv2Ck5QJgTQl4BLVeMTcUjRGFo4_Fzc

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 23 2020 at 16:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345