15 [33.33%]
11 [24.44%]
16 [35.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:57
Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Just like Yes SHOULD have stopped when Chris Squire passed, so too should Rush out of respect for Neil.

Rush retired a few years before Neil passed away, I don't know what you're talking about... Confused
When you are as HUGE as Rush is fans don't fully accept retired its like they need to keep the dream alive. Wink

I love Rush, they have released plenty of music for me to enjoy, well they retired after 40 something years of making music. So... Confused
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 07:01

Just like Yes SHOULD have stopped when Chris Squire passed, so too should Rush out of respect for Neil.

Rush retired a few years before Neil passed away, I don't know what you're talking about... Confused
When you are as HUGE as Rush is fans don't fully accept retired its like they need to keep the dream alive. Wink

I love Rush, they have released plenty of music for me to enjoy, well they retired after 40 something years of making music. So... Confused
Shush!! Rush fans don't know that! It would give them all a heart attack!!!
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 07:43
they can work with other people---Rush is done and should be---they have no place to go. The 3 had a formula they beat to death . But the remaining two can work with other artists or together with others ---do something new and fresh .  
Mudpuppy64 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudpuppy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 08:10
Team up with T hip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 08:14
Originally posted by Mudpuppy64 Mudpuppy64 wrote:

Team up with T hip

what's T hip? Confused
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 09:18

Originally posted by Mudpuppy64 Mudpuppy64 wrote:

Team up with T hip

what's T hip? Confused
I Had to google it Cristi myself to find out what it meant

The Tragically Hip, often referred to simply as The Hip, were a Canadian rock band from ... He stated "When I say The Tragically Hip doesn't exist as a performing unit anymore because a key member is gone, I think [fans] understand that.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 09:57
I did see a news item on my Facebook feed that it is the 3-year anniversary of Gord Downie's death, but I didn't make the connection that T Hip was Tragically Hip.  Embarrassed
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 10:11
I would like to hear both Alex and Geddy do solo projects. As with the Yes poll, it is completely up to them  of course. Maybe team up with Jon Anderson. I voted for this option as "other."
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 10:14
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

Rush is over now. They're dead and not coming back, just like Neil.
Sorry, but it's true.

Unlike Yes, they agree.
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 15:12
First thing I'd ask them to do is release a live album to replace the awful exit stage left which is borderline unlistenable to me. They could package it with a recording of the 78 hemisphere tour. A fitting sign off to their finest period.
Then do whatever they like as long as it means they do not reform the band.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 15:52
Yes, they could release other live albums besides that one. Oh, they have? Nevermind then.

Edited by SteveG - October 17 2020 at 16:30
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 16:26
Originally posted by Earl of Mar Earl of Mar wrote:

Then do whatever they like as long as it means they do not reform the band.

They retired officially in 2018.

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 16:46
They should do what they want to do. Honestly, this kind of question... no fan or listener has the right to tell any band or artist what they should do. Who likes to make music should surely go on (you don't need to buy it!), and if they like (which they probably don't) to go on with a new drummer, why on earth not?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 16:56
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I think they should retire and enjoy the rest of their lives, knowing they made a mark in music history, but again, it's their own choice what to do.

This, except--  there must be some tracks that were recorded but never released.   I wouldn't mind seeing Alex & Geddy producing a 'Lost Works' project.   They could mix and maybe do a few minor cut-ins without taxing themselves.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 17:10
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Geddy has sounded ready and rearing to go on something new, but I've read interviews where it sounds like Alex has some physical issues that makes playing difficult for him and he may be content to retire.  I'd be ok with them doing solo or duo projects but as sad as it is, I'd like Rush to remain retired.
Alex has bad arthritis in his hands/fingers that make it very painful to play. He played one song on Marco Minneman's My Sister album, released last year. Maybe he could do more guest spots, produce, or write his autobiography. Geddy wrote the excellent "Big Book of Bass". Maybe a solo album or his autobiography? But Rush will never be resurrected. Didn't they mention that in Beyond the Lighted Stage?

Before I read your comments I was thinking the same thing. These guys play so many notes over a lifetime, by the time they reach 60-70 their fingers are stuffed. Alex wouldn't be the only one. Not sure whether it was arthritis or something else with Keith Emerson, but this hands were stuffed as well. We don't want them suffering from mental health issues by having to retire. Why can't they still be involved in writing and producing music so that they keep their involvement up if they don't feel they're ready to retire?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 04:41
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Rush is over now. They're dead and not coming back, just like Neil.
Sorry, but it's true.

Unlike Yes, they agree.
LOL
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 04:54

Shush!! Rush fans don't know that! It would give them all a heart attack!!!

unfortunately you are right. I wrote several times already that Rush has retired and everyone is ignoring it/me. LOL
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 07:45
Work with other artists. I;d like to see a project with Gavin Harrison, but NOT under the Rush name.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 07:58
maybe if  I write it in bigger letters, I will not be ignored LOL

Rush retired in 2018. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 08:01

maybe if  I write it in bigger letters, I will not be ignored LOL

Rush retired in 2018. 
REALLY?? Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>