3 [6.67%]
15 [33.33%]
11 [24.44%]
16 [35.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 10:05
Originally posted by Earl of Mar Earl of Mar wrote:

First thing I'd ask them to do is release a live album to replace the awful exit stage left which is borderline unlistenable to me. They could package it with a recording of the 78 hemisphere tour. A fitting sign off to their finest period.
Then do whatever they like as long as it means they do not reform the band.

I hope you purchased Different Stages.
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 10:34
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

First thing I'd ask them to do is release a live album to replace the awful exit stage left which is borderline unlistenable to me. They could package it with a recording of the 78 hemisphere tour. A fitting sign off to their finest period.

I do own exit stage left and I think it's great ! I also own different stages so this idea might not appeal to all Rush fans. Smile
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 11:28
Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

I do own exit stage left and I think it's great ! I also own different stages so this idea might not appeal to all Rush fans. Smile

Different Stages has that third disc of a 1978 Hammersmith Odeon set. Earl can buy that on the cheap. LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:11
Ringo is available and looking for a band as good as the Beatles.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:19
They should do whatever they want. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:26
I find it hard to think Geddy and Alex will record as a band again, rather solo album(s) where each is a guest on much of the record.
I have not seen any interview comments from Geddy since Neil's passing, Alex has had one with a guitar company rep or something, and the topic briefly came up. Alex did not seem too interested in recording anything in serious now, it seems he is still in mourning and no musical intentions right now. Geddy I suspect is in the same boat, although playing wise he seems in better shape but as I mentioned, Covid has probably pushed them out by 2-3 yrs before doing anything.

They have a lot of family and 40yrs of touring has taken a lot from them. I certainly expect Geddy to release some kind of solo album in the next 3-5yrs and Alex if he can, guesting on some other albums.
I highly doubt they ever play live again, can you imagine the audience screaming out "play Tom Sawyer, play Spirit of Radio, play 2112!!" That would be terrible.

Edited by Catcher10 - October 18 2020 at 12:27
ForestFriend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestFriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:32
They should do whatever the heck they want to do. I think it'd be weird if they just found a new drummer and started touring as Rush again. I think it would be a good chance for them to ditch the whole three-piece concept and work with different configurations since their live show was becoming so reliant on sampled guitars/keys/backing vocals.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:34
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

They have a lot of family and 40yrs of touring has taken a lot from them. I certainly expect Geddy to release some kind of solo album in the next 3-5yrs and Alex if he can, guesting on some other albums. I highly doubt they ever play live again, can you imagine the audience screaming out "play Tom Sawyer, play Spirit of Radio, play 2112!!" That would be terrible.

They should never play live again. They probably use money to start the fires in their fireplaces now. LOL 

The most they should/could do is a livestream, like a PPV concert. Sammy Hagar just did that this last weekend for his birthday concert at Catalina Island.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:35
Originally posted by ForestFriend ForestFriend wrote:

They should do whatever the heck they want to do. I think it'd be weird if they just found a new drummer and started touring as Rush again. I think it would be a good chance for them to ditch the whole three-piece concept and work with different configurations since their live show was becoming so reliant on sampled guitars/keys/backing vocals.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 12:47
It's never easy to deal with the loss of such an integral component of any kind of partnership. As many bands have proved (Yes, ELP/ELPowell/3, King Crimson,Genesis) need I go on, they are never the same. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

But Rush is No More.

My thoughts would be to explore other aspects of my musical interests, no to seek out other artists I admire to see if a collaboration is possible. It really is up the individual artist themselves.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 13:05
And Alex can finally make that punk album.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 13:22
Geddy Lee already did "My Favourite Headache" that was pretty good (IMHO).
That tells me they can do anything they want.
It'll be the listening public that will determine the level of success they have with the next stage of their careers.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 13:28
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Geddy Lee already did "My Favourite Headache" that was pretty good (IMHO).

I like Victor, too. That one's fierce! Dalbello sounds amazing on "Start Today." There was even a video for "Promise" (the only upload on YT is not a good one).
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 13:31
True, if Geddy made that album with Alex and Neil they would have had to call themselves Crush.
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 14:14
Yes but how does that affect what I posted?
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 14:18
I have the 78 disc but that is not the hemispheres tour.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 14:43
I think we'll see the obvious. Geddy doing solo albums and playing smaller venues and Alex just hanging loose and relaxing.

Edited by SteveG - October 18 2020 at 14:45
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 18:03
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

They should join up with all current and past members of Yes and record an album called Reunion.
if they joined up with Budgie, would the album be called Bunion? It might be equally painful.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 22:02
I think they should do what they want to do. If Alex and Geddy want to just sit around sipping wine playing X box that's ok with me. 
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 00:04
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

maybe if  I write it in bigger letters, I will not be ignored LOL

Rush retired in 2018.

Enough said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>