15 [33.33%]
11 [24.44%]
16 [35.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 00:07
Maybe Geddy and Alex could get together and do something a bit different from Rush. I doubt they will play live again as Rush without Neil but ultimately it's up to them.
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 05:19
I think they had so much respect and, hmmm, family-like bonds between them, it's impossible to see RUSH touring ever again. Alex Lifeson was crushed by the news of Neil's passing, and the only interview I've seen since then - perhaps from June - suggested he's not playing guitar at all. For now, at least.

And then there is Covid ruining everything.

I hope they will play together in the future though. Much older guys are still around and relevant. Maybe in 2022 we'll see them trying out together, working on some stuff, this time with other musicians perhaps? They have much to offer imo.
TOP20 Songs
Genesis
Rush
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 05:27
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Maybe Geddy and Alex could get together and do something a bit different from Rush. I doubt they will play live again as Rush without Neil but ultimately it's up to them.
yeah, I would like to see them change it up a bit and touch on the artists who influenced or inspired them.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 06:33
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Anything but option 1.
They don't want to end up like Yes, do they?

THIS!
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 06:39
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

maybe if  I write it in bigger letters, I will not be ignored LOL

Rush retired in 2018. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 06:52
Aside from Geddy's Big Book signing tour, I haven't seen anything from either Geddy or Alex on the web on future plans. Anyone else seen or heard from them?

Edited by SteveG - October 19 2020 at 07:07
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 08:45
There's practically zero chance that Alex and Geddy will get together again as Rush. There's a better chance Ringo and Paul will get together and call themselves the Beatles. How's that? Tongue

I wouldn't be surprised if they did record or tour together but just not as Rush. Maybe with Dave Grohl, Matt Cameron or some of the other drummers mentioned. Who knows.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 09:00
Maybe they would do a benefit show or something with Mike Portnoy on drums but other then that I think they are done, at least with Rush. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 09:18
^ I think that everyone is resigned to Rush being over but are anxious to know if Geddy and Alex have future plans. Plus I'm getting tired of Christi reposting his Rush is retired post, as if we really didn't know.

Edited by SteveG - October 19 2020 at 09:19
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 10:13
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ I think that everyone is resigned to Rush being over but are anxious to know if Geddy and Alex have future plans. Plus I'm getting tired of Christi reposting his Rush is retired post, as if we really didn't know.

I reposted it as a joke, because although you say people know they retired, everyone is posting like they don't (know). LOL

Edited by Cristi - October 20 2020 at 10:59
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 11:08
How's the saying go? "Denial is a river in Egypt." Or something like that. LOL
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 17:04
Recruit Carl Palmer and rebrand as LL&P

Karn Evil 2112
Xanatarkus
Someone get me a Jacob's ladder
Fanfare for the Common Cinderella Man

Smile

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 17:44
There should be a similar poll like this for Yes (if there wasn't already).
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 18:07
Geddy should switch to cello and Alex should relocate to Hawai'i and record exclusively on the ukelele.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 18:10
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Karn Evil 2112
Xanatarkus
Fanfare for the Common Cinderella ManSmile

That band already exists...sort of. LOL

Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 10:56
Rush should at least do one more tour with an enormously skilled drummer (and there's probably a ton of them out there who would chomp at the bit for the chance). Their music has always cried out to be heard live, and besides (with extreme deference to Mr. Peart), life goes on.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 16:51
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Karn Evil 2112
Xanatarkus
Fanfare for the Common Cinderella ManSmile

That band already exists...sort of. LOL

and with a better guitarist Big smile
peskypesky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peskypesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 07:50
I've been a Rush fan since their first album...and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the name should be retired. 

But I would love for Alex and Geddy to continue to work together if they both have musical ideas. If so, I would like for them to team up with a great drummer. There are so many out there. For example, Terry Bozzio.

The problem would be lyrics. I think they'd have to team up with a good lyricist.

I think they could make some cool music. As for a name, maybe Thrush.
Prog fan since 1974.
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 07:53
Originally posted by peskypesky peskypesky wrote:

I've been a Rush fan since their first album...and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the name should be retired.
As much as it pains me to say it, the name is retired.
Rush retired in 2018. 
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 09:02
Alex made a painting using only a fork.

The band is retired and should stay that way, but if Geddy and Alex feel up to it, I wouldn't turn down some new music from Canada under a different name.

Edited by Zeph - October 25 2020 at 09:02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234