3 [6.67%]
15 [33.33%]
11 [24.44%]
16 [35.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should Rush do now ?
    Posted: October 17 2020 at 01:01
Alex and Geddy have loads of talent, it would be a shame not to hear anything new from these guys I'm sure they still have ample creative juices so I was wondering what should they do next now Neil Peart is gone ?Cry 

Edited by Enchant X - October 17 2020 at 01:09
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 01:41
Perhaps continue on as a duo?
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 01:42
Resurrect Neil from the dead and parade the zombie around the earth. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 01:50
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Resurrect Neil from the dead and parade the zombie around the earth. 
Yeah that might work Wink
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 03:21
Rush is over now. They're dead and not coming back, just like Neil.
Sorry, but it's true.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 04:26
Anything but option 1.
They don't want to end up like Yes, do they?
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 04:46
Just like Yes SHOULD have stopped when Chris Squire passed, so too should Rush out of respect for Neil.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 04:50
They should join up with all current and past members of Yes and record an album called Reunion.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 04:55
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

They should join up with all current and past members of Yes and record an album called Reunion.

OK... This is quite hilarious! Cheers! LOL
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 04:56
Anyways, I think they are well set for retirement.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:11
Geddy has sounded ready and rearing to go on something new, but I've read interviews where it sounds like Alex has some physical issues that makes playing difficult for him and he may be content to retire.  I'd be ok with them doing solo or duo projects but as sad as it is, I'd like Rush to remain retired.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:11
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Just like Yes SHOULD have stopped when Chris Squire passed, so too should Rush out of respect for Neil.

Rush retired a few years before Neil passed away, I don't know what you're talking about... Confused

Edited by Cristi - October 17 2020 at 05:27
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:26
Hopefully they'll form a new band. Be interesting too see of Geddy remains on vocals - the risk of sounding like Rush when it's not may have consequences. Neil Peart was a lot more than the most amazing drummer in rock for the past 40 years, he also one of the most imaginative lyricists.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:30
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

Rush is over now. They're dead and not coming back, just like Neil.
Sorry, but it's true.
Take that back. They should Go Screw Themselves.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:34
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Geddy has sounded ready and rearing to go on something new, but I've read interviews where it sounds like Alex has some physical issues that makes playing difficult for him and he may be content to retire.  I'd be ok with them doing solo or duo projects but as sad as it is, I'd like Rush to remain retired.
Alex has bad arthritis in his hands/fingers that make it very painful to play. He played one song on Marco Minneman's My Sister album, released last year. Maybe he could do more guest spots, produce, or write his autobiography. Geddy wrote the excellent "Big Book of Bass". Maybe a solo album or his autobiography? But Rush will never be resurrected. Didn't they mention that in Beyond the Lighted Stage?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:39
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Alex has bad arthritis in his hands/fingers that make it very painful to play. He played one song on Marco Minneman's My Sister album, released last year. Maybe he could do more guest spots, produce, or write his autobiography. Geddy wrote the excellent "Big Book of Bass". Maybe a solo album or his autobiography? But Rush will never be resurrected. Didn't they mention that in Beyond the Lighted Stage?
They did...but as we all know, many artists have said that they were retired and then came back.  
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:40
The thing is there are other good lyric writers and drummers like Mike Portnoy (ex Dream Theater) around after all he did write the lyrics for The Change Of seasons (their best song if you ask me) .... I feel option one is valid though I voted for option two Tongue  I still see a future in Rush I can't stop believing in that. 

Edited by Enchant X - October 17 2020 at 05:50
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:41
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

I think they said that somewhere - that Clockwork Angels was the last.
Too bad Lifeson has Arthur, he still might have done some solo stuff.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:49
I think they should retire and enjoy the rest of their lives, knowing they made a mark in music history, but again, it's their own choice what to do.

Edited by Manuel - October 17 2020 at 05:50
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 05:54
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Rush retired a few years before Neil passed away, I don't know what you're talking about... Confused
When you are as HUGE as Rush is fans don't fully accept retired its like they need to keep the dream alive. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>