Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do "Honorary Collaborators" do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 02:34
Big smile 
welcome back to the canteen

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 02:56
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I saw artists who were missing from the site so I slowly and painstakingly climbed the corporate ladder and eventually got the artists added and then I retired knowing that my job here was done.

I think I added Be Bop Deluxe but that was long ago in the days of Snow Dog and others.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:35
I suggested Phil Collins, so I think my honor was issued for bravery or something.   Wink
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:52
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I suggested Phil Collins, so I think my honor was issued for bravery or something.   Wink

LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:18
I also have it on good authority that you guys pray to small chrome statues of Phil Collins.

Edited by SteveG - October 20 2020 at 10:32
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:45
So here's a question for you, is there a particular number of bands you have to suggest or help put on PA in order to receive this most distinguished royal honour?

I did a tremendous amount of work getting a band listed (he says in his best boasting posture).
And yes, maybe I did have an inside track on the band...but still.

Can I get knighted?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:07
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I also have it good authority that you guys pray to small chrome statues of Phil Collins.

Well polished
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:19
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

So here's a question for you, is there a particular number of bands you have to suggest or help put on PA in order to receive this most distinguished royal honour?

I did a tremendous amount of work getting a band listed (he says in his best boasting posture).
And yes, maybe I did have an inside track on the band...but still.

Can I get knighted?
You can't ask, it's an honour that is sprung on you when you least expect it

And first, you have to buy a tiny statue of Phil Collins and pray to it daily whilst keeping it highly polished.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:37
How can I afford a statue of Phil Collins?  Will I have to sell my statue of Roger Daltry?

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 10:45
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

How can I afford a statue of Phil Collins?  Will I have to sell my statue of Roger Daltry?
That's a good idea. The exchange rate is three chrome Phil Collin's to one Roger Daltry. Maybe more in Canada.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:24
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Hmm, always thought that Roger Daltry has much better licks than Collins, so I think he'll stick with you. But why not add Phil Collins to him: Daltry for the licks, Collins for the kicks...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:59
Collins bashers everywhere. Such disrespect to our renowned dictionaries.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 12:03
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 12:05
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 12:07
^ LOL Now I think that I don't want to become a honorary collaborator.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 12:52
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I also have it good authority that you guys pray to small chrome statues of Phil Collins.
Well polished

Chrome??   Mine is brass with hammered copper accents and jade highlights.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 16:17
I just assumed that one day I would be told that I have become one, and that very day I would be prevented from doing any further damage to the site
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 16:39
What do "VIP Members" get? You can't just have VIP members without any privileges!
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 17:40
Like they use to say in the Middle Ages: no medals, just chests to pin them on ! Ouch

I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 03:37
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

What do "VIP Members" get? You can't just have VIP members without any privileges!
No idea, to be honest, maybe they don't get adverts.
To prevent my creation of another tedious thread in this forum, how does one obtain the esteemed "prog reviewer" title? Do you just devote most of your time here to reviewing, or something?
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>