2 [5.56%]
18 [50.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:45
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. 
Confused

Have you been listening to Jeremy Corbyn's brother?

Piers? No, his name passed me by a few years ago, something with weather issues. But it is not unlikely that I may share one or two views with him.

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:16

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. 
Confused

Have you been listening to Jeremy Corbyn's brother?

Piers? No, his name passed me by a few years ago, something with weather issues. But it is not unlikely that I may share one or two views with him.

Yes Piers, he is apparently something to do with a weather company. When he was on GMB recently, amongst other complete b*ll*cks he came out with, he predicted that we'd have cold weather in winter. Shocked
Ooh. hold the front page.
He also thinks that covid is a scam and is basically a dangerous headcase.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:51

Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. This Milgram experiment has been going on way too long. I choose breathing the fresh air over suffocating in my self-exhaled carbon dioxide. But in a setting in which those mouthmasks are required, which I try to avoid whenever I can, I prefer one of the masks me auld mum has made.

I now have three friends sick with Covid including one in the hospital. Is this part of the 'cojona' scam you are referring to?
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 10:51
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I've never worn a face-mask and I never will, even though that's not one of the poll options. Smile
I don't think masks help that much either - the point of masks is to decrease the amount of air getting through, but even then there's still a huge risk of the virus being inhaled - the only way to stop inhalation of the virus is to stop breathing full stop, which is a health risk even bigger than the coronavirus. Wink

The main reason I wear a mask (or try to, as I will explain) is to encourage order and discipline. It goes from not wearing a mask to not distancing yourself from strangers, to not bothering about mixing with strangers, and eventually forgetting Covid-19 restrictions completely and carrying on as usual - most likely causing millions more deaths. Something you should be thinking more about unless you're a mad sadist.

I understand some people's point of view that the government forcing people to wear masks and do particular things is a breach of freedom and on the road to totalitarianism, but these are very exceptional times, and we are lucky that in this country (Britain, if others read this) the government is so divided the only major thing that has been done is Brexit, and that was after a 3-year waiting list (some may disagree with me calling that lucky but I'm comparing the UK with totalitarianism, remember).

As I have mentioned, I myself have trouble sometimes with wearing masks as I am asthmatic, and I sometimes find it difficult to breath. I once chewed a breathing hole in a mask and was fine until I realised it defeats the point. Sometimes I don't have breathing problems (don't know why), so I usually just hope that happens. But my point is, I try to wear them, so people don't think it's OK to just break the restrictions and do what they like, and to (slightly) decrease the risk of me catching/spreading the virus - so therefore, I won't try to tell you what to do but I think you should wear them, Paul. It's thoughtless of you.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:07
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

I get out of the house twice a day every day, but I'm not going to be forced to wear a muzzle to do my daily shopping.
Bloody hell, Paul. I'm disappointed in your choice and now have a different opinion of you.

Well, he was kicked out of the American Politics thread for similar insensitive comments with regard to his worshipping of Donald Trump.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:21
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

I've never worn a face-mask and I never will, even though that's not one of the poll options. Smile
I don't think masks help that much either - the point of masks is to decrease the amount of air getting through, but even then there's still a huge risk of the virus being inhaled - the only way to stop inhalation of the virus is to stop breathing full stop, which is a health risk even bigger than the coronavirus. Wink

The main reason I wear a mask (or try to, as I will explain) is to encourage order and discipline. It goes from not wearing a mask to not distancing yourself from strangers, to not bothering about mixing with strangers, and eventually forgetting Covid-19 restrictions completely and carrying on as usual - most likely causing millions more deaths. Something you should be thinking more about unless you're a mad sadist.

I understand some people's point of view that the government forcing people to wear masks and do particular things is a breach of freedom and on the road to totalitarianism, but these are very exceptional times, and we are lucky that in this country (Britain, if others read this) the government is so divided the only major thing that has been done is Brexit, and that was after a 3-year waiting list (some may disagree with me calling that lucky but I'm comparing the UK with totalitarianism, remember).

As I have mentioned, I myself have trouble sometimes with wearing masks as I am asthmatic, and I sometimes find it difficult to breath. I once chewed a breathing hole in a mask and was fine until I realised it defeats the point. Sometimes I don't have breathing problems (don't know why), so I usually just hope that happens. But my point is, I try to wear them, so people don't think it's OK to just break the restrictions and do what they like, and to (slightly) decrease the risk of me catching/spreading the virus - so therefore, I won't try to tell you what to do but I think you should wear them, Paul. It's thoughtless of you.
The point of wearing a mask is not to protect the person wearing it but keep an infectious person from spreading it out into the air through coughing, sneezing and through the discharge of spittle when talking, yelling and laughing. I'm surprised that as an asthmatic, you would put yourself in harms way, being among the most vulnerable if you should catch the virus. 

Edited by SteveG - October 20 2020 at 11:22
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:24
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

I get out of the house twice a day every day, but I'm not going to be forced to wear a muzzle to do my daily shopping.
Bloody hell, Paul. I'm disappointed in your choice and now have a different opinion of you.

Well, he was kicked out of the American Politics thread for similar insensitive comments with regard to his worshipping of Donald Trump.
Yeah, luckily he has a thousand and one prog polls to keep himself occupied.

Edited by SteveG - October 20 2020 at 11:25
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:32
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

The point of wearing a mask is not to protect the person wearing it but keep an infectious person from spreading it out into the air through coughing, sneezing and through the discharge of spittle when talking, yelling and laughing. I'm surprised that as an asthmatic, you would put yourself in harms way, being among the most vulnerable if you should catch the virus. 
Two points:
1. I didn't say masks are there to protect the person wearing them. What I meant, if it was unclear, is that masks don't prevent you catching the virus, and therefore they're not miracle workers as some people I know seem to think.
2. I said I try to wear masks, so I do not necessarily "put myself in harms way". If I have serious trouble breathing with a mask on I might have an asthma attack, and could end up in hospital anyway - and if I can't wear them I try not to go out so as to not infect others. Don't see what else I can do.
And I thought I was the one who didn't read posts.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:35
^ Masks are not perfect but they are the easiest and most cost effective way to cut down on the spread of germs. As already stated, we wear masks to protect others, not ourselves.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:38

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Two points:
1. I didn't say masks are there to protect the person wearing them. What I meant, if it was unclear, is that masks don't prevent you catching the virus, and therefore they're not miracle workers as some people I know seem to think.
2. I said I try to wear masks, so I do not necessarily "put myself in harms way". If I have serious trouble breathing with a mask on I might have an asthma attack, and could end up in hospital anyway - and if I can't wear them I try not to go out so as to not infect others. Don't see what else I can do.
And I thought I was the one who didn't read posts.
Don't fret, you're still the one who doesn't read posts. LOL I thought that you implied that you tried to wear them but couldn't at times when you felt that breathing was difficult. No more, no less.

Edited by SteveG - October 20 2020 at 11:38
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:56
Glad to know I am still champion of misreading!! LOL
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ Masks are not perfect but they are the easiest and most cost effective way to cut down on the spread of germs. As already stated, we wear masks to protect others, not ourselves.
As a rule, I agree with this.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 12:53

Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. This Milgram experiment has been going on way too long. I choose breathing the fresh air over suffocating in my self-exhaled carbon dioxide. But in a setting in which those mouthmasks are required, which I try to avoid whenever I can, I prefer one of the masks me auld mum has made.

A good friend of mine is in the hospital with Covid right now and she isn't the first. Is this part of the scam you are referring to?

I now have three friends sick with Covid including one in the hospital. Is this part of the 'cojona' scam you are referring to?

A bit repetitive and tedious, except maybe for the counter that multiplies by three in hardly more then one hour. And that's exactly what has been happening all the time: we have been deluged and brainwashed with cojona during the last seven months and more by the corporate media, who even go as far as committing character assassination on our king and his daughters because they went there-and-back-again to Greece, and such things cause me to react allergically. 

Part of the scam? Maybe, maybe not. It's not my part to judge such things: neither in my own circle nor 4,500 miles or so from my home. Nor am I counting the beds and coffins that are occupied by COVID-19 casualties. My guess is that, if I test positive on COVID-19 and I will be brought into hospital because I, as a diabetic, have a dangerous hypoglycaemia, I will be registered as a COVID-19 patient. Manipulating data has become a common practice, as with the climate (for which I don't need to look further than the nearest official weather station, some four miles from my home), so with cojona. Many victims have underlying diseases and the total number of deads here is less than that of the 2017-2018 season's flu. I may be paranoid, but the whole thing is used to impose political agendas, a "plandemic", methinks.

By the way, I hope that your friends will recover soon.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:01
^ Ah yes, the imaginary political agenda. So as far as my sick friends go, are they faking it to help keep the political agenda going?
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:19
Surgical... And oh, hope this crap ends sooner. Wacko
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:32
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

Surgical... And oh, hope this crap ends sooner. Wacko
According to Robert there is a cynical political agenda to all of this. So if that is the case maybe there will never be an end to it.
Of course such ideas don't make much sense in the real world, so more than likely the end will come once doctors find a workable vaccine or cure.

Edited by Easy Money - October 20 2020 at 13:42
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:06
my wife got us both washable masks, which I wear to shops, as the law dictates here.

As a civil servant, I am bound to obey the law despite any personal opinions I might have. I would add, though, that it strikes me as being good manners to wear the things inside shops at the moment, if nothing else to not cause distress to anyone.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:07

^ Ah yes, the imaginary political agenda. So as far as my sick friends go, are they faking it to help keep the political agenda going?

I wish them well, John. Hopefully they will make a full recovery.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:23
Either option 1 or option 3 for me, depending. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:24

I choose breathing the fresh air over suffocating in my self-exhaled carbon dioxide. 

excellent understanding of science here. You sir are a true champion of humanity. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 15:01
When I still lived in Groningen, Netherlands until the end of the summer I didn't wear them because they weren't required anywhere (except on public transport), and I didn't really mind because there weren't very many cases there and so I didn't feel the need to be the odd one out. Now I've moved to Antwerp, Belgium and when I moved here they were mandatory everywhere in public (though without any actual punishment). This frightened me on the hot day that we were looking for appartments, as it got me short of breath soon, but as I actually lived here and just wore them everywhere outside I very quickly didn't mind anymore and even felt good about the cause. 
Then they made it not mandatory on the streets anymore as the study year started and slowly the mask wearing on the streets went from 95% to about 50%, and now it's gone so crazy that they've instated a new lockdown... Quite sensible given the number as not too bad for the life of a student (like I am). I'm still wearing them because I like the thought of not potentially breathing germs on on other people. Good to note for Paul and Robert: I did not follow any mainstream media to get here, you just have to realize the obvious fact that a germ is spreading around through breath (I know people who really suffered from it, I'm sure everyone does at this point) and a mouth mask obviously stops the fine fluids that come out whenever you speak from flying off almost completely... It's a bit harder to grasp for breath sometimes when you're exhausted, but then you can easily take it off for a second. And on the flipside, I can now stare into a crowd and lick my lips without anyone feeling intimidated! That's a first!

Anyway, to answer the poll question, are surgical masks the really simple blue ones they sell everywhere? I use those but rarely replace them since I'm not too afraid of getting sick myself compared to infecting others and I like how they easily bend to fit your face. I also got a washable one from a co-worker with the logo of the moving company we worked at on it. It doesn't fit as well but it is fun to advertise for a company that's 250km away so I still wear it sometimes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>