Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ratings in Top albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ratings in Top albums
    Posted: December 12 2020 at 19:26
Please chill. M@x will either respond or not, do something or not. It's an issue that I could not care less about to be honest. No need to bump this thread as that person has been notified (even if he didn't get the notifications -- I don't know). For me there are more important issues, but we all have our biases. I doubt that he would even notice this rather ambiguously titled topic -- the notifications that have been made will have to suffice. No need for you to respond to this, by the way.

Edited by Logan - December 12 2020 at 19:31
Just a fanboy passin' through.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2020 at 18:33
Now, what's happening? I've sent a private message to the webmaster a week ago, and still absolutely nothing. It's getting very frustrating! Angry
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 02:27
I'd echo the same as projeKct who's been here a lot longer than me and knows how things work far more than I do...

Working from home since March, on my own, I've churned my way through over 500 albums, given each one a quick rating for my own reference (can't exactly do an in depth review of all of them while I should be working...) and moved on to the next. Given the number of ratings-only vs the number of reviews it looks like many people do the same. Particularly where I've only previously scratched the surface of... 70s Prog Folk for example. Filter the top albums list down to that, scroll past the 20 or so I can clearly see I've listened to already and pick the next one that the good folk at ProgArchives indicate is good.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 21:48
Maybe I exaggerated a bit by saying "the best way", but it's pretty powerful nonetheless... Because you can customize TOP lists by sub-genres, years, countries, lesser known, and so on... Then you can easily see what you have already heard (rated) and what is new to you (unrated).

But you already know all of this, right?

Anyway, I discovered lots of very good artists this way, thanks to Progarchives!!
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 19:56
That method only works for those who leave ratings without reviews, or those rare ultra-prolific reviewers. This is the first I've ever heard that feature used for that purpose. Imagine my surprise to find out its "the best way" to discover new artists.

Anyway, the only person that can do anything it has been notified.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 15:04
That's exactly it!

It is one of the best ways (if not THE best) to discover new (or old) artists (or albums).
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 11:30
Very simply, filtering the Top Albums lists is a great way of quickly finding albums you've not listened to before to doscover more of what's out there. If you've only done a few its quite easy just to scroll down until you see something you don't recognise. But if you've listened to hundreds and/or have a memory like a sieve (me), you might choose an album, listen to a few tracks and finally realise you already heard it months/years ago. Having the rating you've given an album as part of the top albums search function has been the best way to discover previously unheard albums quickly for me and many others.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 09:25
I don't understand why this issue is upsetting for anyone. Confused
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 09:18
Wanted to avoid being an irritating newbie really - but the thing that brought me to this website in the first place is the thing that's disappeared LOL

There another way of reporting the issue?
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 19:12
Sorry to insist, but it's taking way too long!

Disapprove
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 02:43
still no change...
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 03:58
Seventheth.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2020 at 21:48
PMed M@X, now waiting for his reply (or reaction) ...
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2020 at 09:18
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Still no news? I suppose you must be busy. I, for one, am very busy too! But this problem really annoys me (and others) and could be easy to fix...

Seconded (and thanks for bringing into a new thread)
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 13:34
Still no news? I suppose you must be busy. I, for one, am very busy too! But this problem really annoys me (and others) and could be easy to fix...
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 15:59
Any development on this issue? It's really annoying... Unhappy
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:10
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Quote from another thread:

Originally posted by bartymj bartymj wrote:

May be slightly related - when using the Top Albums search function I no longer see the personal rating I've given, only the community one and QWR. It's handy to see what I've given a rating to so I can easily see what top (or not-so-top) albums I haven't rated yet to find new stuff... particularly as a bit of a newbie to the site

I second that, it WAS and WOULD BE very useful. Thanks!

THIRDED!
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:34
Quote from another thread:

Originally posted by bartymj bartymj wrote:

May be slightly related - when using the Top Albums search function I no longer see the personal rating I've given, only the community one and QWR. It's handy to see what I've given a rating to so I can easily see what top (or not-so-top) albums I haven't rated yet to find new stuff... particularly as a bit of a newbie to the site

I second that, it WAS and WOULD BE very useful. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply