Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Ghost - the new Steven Wilson single

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2020 at 17:52
Better of the three which is not saying really anything at all since it’s still terrible and generic to my ears. 
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2020 at 09:45
Who cares?
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2020 at 09:52
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Well...sounds like synth pop to me....can't say it does much for me. But I do like PT and his other solo lp's.
Perhaps he wants to go in an even more commercial direction. I read the recent interview and he sounds like being married with step kids is mellowing him out. I wouldn't be surprsied if that changes his musical direction.

Yeah, I'm waiting for him to start remixing all of the old Prince and Flock Of Seagulls albums. LOL
Nothing wrong with AFoS...Great 80s synth new wave Clap. Prince always had Bernie Grundman master his records, so for the most part they are excellent sounding. The recent reissues by The Prince Estate are fantastic, again all using BG masters.
Steven knows he does not need to touch any Prince records and remix/remaster...
they are indeed good sounding, but we all have different tastes so I'm sure Steven could find small details to alter. And the money for remixing is good pay. ;)

Edited by SteveG - October 31 2020 at 09:52
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2020 at 10:29
Hmm...kind of 0 for 3 for me.  This was probably the best of the three, but as already said, that isn't saying much.  I'm generally a fan of PT and his solo stuff, so I'm still hoping that I will enjoy the new album as a whole.  
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2020 at 22:15
After watching his hour long interview I'm really looking forward to TFB, the released songs are fine but looking forward to hearing them in the context of the whole album.
I'm also looking forward to the production, quality as Steven says he feels this is his best sounding album and he did not mix it.

I think this album is going to pull many genres in and heavy to pop, electronic music.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 07:55

I think this album is going to pull many genres in and heavy to pop, electronic music.

Hi,

Just weird for me ... what "made him" was the long cut and the tripping with PT ... and all of a sudden there is no trip ... just more lyrics, all of which are all over the place, and in terms of relevance? ... I'm not sure that I even care that much about it, anymore!Smile
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 08:15
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Just weird for me ... what "made him" was the long cut and the tripping with PT ... and all of a sudden there is no trip ... just more lyrics, all of which are all over the place, and in terms of relevance? ... I'm not sure that I even care that much about it, anymore!Smile
Watch his interview and he will explain all that you mention. His most poignant comment was (and is true of most if not all musicians) he creates music for himself, he's the artist, he's creating what inspires him at the moment. And if that makes you mad or disappointed that he (or any other artist) did not make something YOU like well then pretty much that is your issue.
And of course anything not within the prog genre, on this site is well garbage....simpletons. 
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 08:47

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Watch his interview and he will explain all that you mention. His most poignant comment was (and is true of most if not all musicians) he creates music for himself, he's the artist, he's creating what inspires him at the moment. And if that makes you mad or disappointed that he (or any other artist) did not make something YOU like well then pretty much that is your issue.
And of course anything not within the prog genre, on this site is well garbage....simpletons. 

Exactly! Thank you
Biff Tannen View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biff Tannen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2020 at 09:35

Well said. I listen to SW to hear good music, and if it is prog, great, and if it is not, that is fine, too. Good music comes in many different shapes and sizes.  I doubt The Future Bites will end up being one of my favorites by Wilson - so far, I like all three songs, but I can't say any are knocking my socks off - but as always you have to give Wilson mad props for being a true artist and doing what he wants to do.  He doesn't give a damn what any of us want, which is the way it should be. 
"What are you looking at, butthead?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12