Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting youtube videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting youtube videos
    Posted: November 03 2020 at 09:17
Is it true you can't post whole albums from youtube on here? I thought I saw that somewhere on this site and just wanted to see if that is actually the case. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 09:32
Logan advised against it. I'll look for the thread where he did that. 
It's also a matter of copyright. 

Logan suggested posting links for full albums. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 09:36
Logan's words in a recent thread:
"It has been the expectation and request that people avoid posting full album videos (embeds) and significant material from albums (so not many tracks from an album) at the forums generally (not just this topic) without permission/allowance from the artists or labels. I would think that a hyperlink may be preferable (say to bandcamp, spotify or youtube) if wishing to exhibit more than a portion. This is partially out of respect for the artists, not just any risk of complaints, not all of which have approved of people sharing music this way. When it's come to formal evaluation for placement, full album embeds have been more common." 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 14:09
So it's a ok to post a link to the youtube video but not embed the actual video? Or maybe just a link to a site where an artist can get paid for it if someone choses to buy it after listening? 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2020 at 03:40
The issue is a lot of full album videos are illegal uploads and by either posting the link or embedding them you're giving people knowledge of them and encouraging the illegal uploaders.

Edited by chopper - November 04 2020 at 03:40
 Post Reply Post Reply