Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jade Warrior: Full of Eastern Promise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jade Warrior: Full of Eastern Promise
    Posted: November 03 2020 at 15:26
The British 3-piece band Jade Warrior have Released fourteen albums over their long career. Having fulfilled Last Autumn's Dream by listening to all fourteen of those albums, it's fair to say the eastern-themed songs of Jade Warrior Eclipse the normal conventions of Prog-Rock. If the four classical elements are Earth, Wind, Fire & Water, then the mysterious quintessential Fifth Element is surely Music. In the Floating World of the progosphere, where sound Waves soar like Kites up into the stratosphere, the Way of the Sun casts its heavenly glow towards the distant Horizen, with the quiet Earth seemingly At Peace below. To experience the awesome power of nature at first hand, what could be better than Breathing the Storm of rain and faraway lightning flashes and hearing Distant Echoes of thunder during an electrical storm. After that brief introduction, it's time NOW for some music. Smile

All albums highlighted in Jade listed in sequential order of release.

Jade Warrior's Discography

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - January 04 2021 at 07:21
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 15:32
Earlier this year I reviewed all their early and later albums, having reviewed the Island albums already some years ago  A very worthy group even if they never made what I would say was close to a 5 star album.  Truly unique and often beautiful
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 15:55
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Earlier this year I reviewed all their early and later albums, having reviewed the Island albums already some years ago  A very worthy group even if they never made what I would say was close to a 5 star album.  Truly unique and often beautiful

I feel the same way. I like all of Jade Warrior's albums, although none of them quite reach the dizzy heights of a 5-star album for me. These were my recent PA album ratings:-

4 stars Jade Warrior (1971) Album Review:- http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2301744
 4 stars Released (1971)
 4 stars Last Autumn's Dream (1972)
 4 stars Eclipse (1973/1998)
 4 stars Fifth Element (1974/1998)
 4 stars Floating World (1974)
 4 stars Waves (1975)
 4 stars Kites (1976)
 4 stars Way of the Sun (1978)
 4 stars Horizen (1984)
 4 stars At Peace (1989)
 3 stars Breathing the Storm (1992)
 3 stars Distant Echoes (1993)
 4 stars NOW (2008)
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 22:18
Been a fan for a long time....have 10 lp's by them.
'Last Autumn's Dream' is my favorite though many are very good.

For trivia fans,,,Duhig and Field were also in 'July' a Brit psych band in '68 and '69...along with Tom Newman-musician and producer- who was in and out of several early Brit bands and eventually even produced Oldfield's first lp Tubular Bells...as well as Hatfield.
The original vinyl of 'July' goes for some money these days....and the first 3 Jade Warrior are on Vertigo...also sought after by some.

Edited by dr wu23 - November 03 2020 at 22:21
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2020 at 04:22
Another stunning video, courtesy of Neutron Dust on YouTube, featuring the title track from the album, "At Peace" Heart

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 10 2020 at 04:22
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 07:21
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 08:14
One from my favorite lp....

Btw,,,their home page here has one of the shortest bios..one paragraph..I have ever seen on PA.
Disapprove

Edited by dr wu23 - January 04 2021 at 08:18
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply