Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Prog photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 00:12
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

This is the goat Robert Fripp sacrifices whenever people download KC/upload KC to YouTube LOL.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 00:52
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by triptych triptych wrote:

Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

A young David Gilmour

I'm sure Syd would've loved this photo WinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

why the winking and the LOLs? 
maybe he would have loved it, after all they were friends. 

Friends yes, but legend has it that Syd's bandmates didn't recognize him in his later perìod with no hair and overweight when he Walked into their recording studio some years before Syd's death.....sad to think.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2020 at 08:27
Wakeman and Rudess, mentor and disciple

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2020 at 15:42
Flashes From The Archives of Oblivion&quot; - Ronnie Lane with Roy Harper and  Friends February 14, 1974 - RONNIE LANE
Roy Harper, Jimmy Page, Ronnie Lane and Keith Moon. Also there but not in the photo- John Bonham and Max Middleton. The 'Intergalactic Elephant' band circa 1974 who appeared (in part) on Roy's 'Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion' double live lp.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 10:17
Dream Theater in 1989
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 11:28
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Steve Walsh of Kansas

I'm telling you guys, as a personal trainer, at the higher levels, prog becomes A SPORT!!! Wink

I always thought this 1977 Yes lineup picture looks like all of your awkward uncles and aunts huddled together at Thanksgiving/Christmas:

Steve Howe actually looks like he's alive in this photo.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 11:29
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Steve Walsh of Kansas

I'm telling you guys, as a personal trainer, at the higher levels, prog becomes A SPORT!!! Wink

I always thought this 1977 Yes lineup picture looks like all of your awkward uncles and aunts huddled together at Thanksgiving/Christmas:

LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 11:31
There. That's more like it.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 11:36

There. That's more like it.

LOL
it's like an invitation for sarcasm...  
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 11:45
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 13:16
One of my favorites!  Bob and Patricia Fripp, just after Christmas, with Bob showing off his first guitar! 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 15:50

Steve Walsh of Kansas

Jon looks like he's holding in something.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 15:52
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Steve Walsh of Kansas

Jon looks like he's holding in something.

I thought the same thing EmbarrassedLOL
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 15:53
The amazing Norwegian band Arcturus:

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 17:42
My friend, Curt, took this photo of Jon Anderson at the Yes "Solo Albums" show, August 15th, 1976 at the now-defunct Hawthorne Park Racetrack in Cicero, Illinois USA.  This is my favorite photo of Jon!  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 18:38
In the above Yes photo, who is the one with the mustache that looks like he belongs in the Doobie Brothers, and who is the one with a mouth twitch in the upper right corner?
I recognize the others.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2021 at 02:11
^ Alan White and Steve Howe. I think that was intended to be Steve's 'mean look' LOL
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2021 at 07:03
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Flashes From The Archives of Oblivion&amp;quot; - Ronnie Lane with Roy Harper and  Friends February 14, 1974 - RONNIE LANE
Roy Harper, Jimmy Page, Ronnie Lane and Keith Moon. Also there but not in the photo- John Bonham and Max Middleton. The 'Intergalactic Elephant' band circa 1974 who appeared (in part) on Roy's 'Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion' double live lp.

Hi,

I always thought that it was a shame that LZ fans would not listen to a Roy Harper album. There always was some great work on those albums by Jimmy, but it didn't matter ... I wonder if all the "lyrics" that Roy had in every song, was too much for the majority of listeners. Sad, because there were/was/is a lot of far out and fascinating material by Roy on every album, that will rarely get appreciated here or get some more well deserved attention.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2021 at 07:42
IQ in 1985
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2021 at 10:04
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Flashes From The Archives of Oblivion&amp;amp;quot; - Ronnie Lane with Roy Harper and  Friends February 14, 1974 - RONNIE LANE

Hi,

I always thought that it was a shame that LZ fans would not listen to a Roy Harper album. There always was some great work on those albums by Jimmy, but it didn't matter ... I wonder if all the "lyrics" that Roy had in every song, was too much for the majority of listeners. Sad, because there were/was/is a lot of far out and fascinating material by Roy on every album, that will rarely get appreciated here or get some more well deserved attention.
I think Roy was too intellectual for the average Zep fan. But Jimmy played great acoustic guitar on Stormcock and Life Mask, and the best eclectic guitar he played in the 80s was Harper's 1985 album Jugular.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>