Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Prog photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 07:50
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Wasn't that the point? You do get that it's hilarious and actually pretty well done?
I'd like to see a whole series of Prog greats done this way.

I find it heart-warming that Freddie Mercury is still there with Queen in spirit in 2018, even if he can't be there in person. It makes more sense to me posting an affectionate tribute photo of the four original Queen members together in 2018,  instead of a modern Queen + Adam Lambert photo. Freddie Mercury is looking pretty good in that picture too, considering he's been dead now for 30 years, unlike Steve Howe in the earlier photo who's still very much alive, but looks like death warmed up. Ouch

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 03 2021 at 09:16
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 18:21
I'm sorry that John Deacon disappeared, he was a very good bassist!  He would have been an excellent replacement in the Rolling Stones, but Jagger never listens to me. 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 19:33
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Wasn't that the point? You do get that it's hilarious and actually pretty well done?
I'd like to see a whole series of Prog greats done this way.

[EDIT] Steve Howe in the earlier photo who's still very much alive, but looks like death warmed upOuch
Smile Over here we say 'Like death Warmed Over'. I love how language varies ever so slightly from region to region.

Edited by JD - October 03 2021 at 19:33
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2022 at 09:59

"Roger said I play too slow... I'll show him with my new Ferrari drums!"
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2022 at 12:13
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2022 at 15:20
Stackridge – Nostalgia Central
Stackridge watching purple spaceships over Yatton!

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2022 at 10:22
Hi,

A few photos ... I took along the way ... 

https://www.pedrosena.com/photos.htm

Gong, Magma, Bondage Fruit, Brand X, Don Schiff (Lana Lane & The Rocket Scientists), Per Lindh, Richard Barbieri, Gomelski our granddaddy, Burke Harris.

(I would have done more with Porcupine Tree but Mr. SW was a total jerk! But I was able to get Richard in what is one of my favorite shots of all ... the concentration to "go for it" is excellent and then some! For me, the best musician in that band!)

All of these are from the International Progressive Music Festival in 1999 ... San Francisco.

I have more, specially with Gilly in SF doing some poetry readings. I have a "Certificate" signed by Daevid Allen, considering me a "PROFESSOR", and saying thank you for the wonderful pictures. Of their first tour I gave all the band members a complete 5x7 set of pictures, all of them contingent on Johnny Green distributing them properly, but I know that Daevid and Gilly did get theirs as they thanked me personally. Daevid thought that the Glissando pictures were really neat and asked me if he could use it on one of the Glissando albums ... I said fine, though I have no idea which album or if it was ever used. Gilly took the group picture that the band used for a tour poster, and then cut and pasted onto it for one of her poetry books. Conversely she allowed me to use one of her pieces on the Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts one and only AUDIO issue (which I am redoing right now), the longest living poetry magazine on the net!

Edited by moshkito - January 11 2022 at 08:44
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2022 at 07:31

No pain no gain. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2022 at 07:49
Keith playing "NutCracker" I love it!
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678