Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog Report Rewards: Song & Video of the Year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prog Report Rewards: Song & Video of the Year
    Posted: November 17 2020 at 04:32
Here are the links where you can cast your votes:
https://progreport.com/song-of-the-year/
https://progreport.com/vote-for-video-of-the-year-in-the-2020-prog-report-awards/
There should be more categories coming soon.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 04:37
Might get more response if you used hyperlinks?
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 04:40
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:25
^The choices aren't bad, but seem like commercial prog. No Sanguine Hum, French TV, Them Moose Rush, etc.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:33
Rikard Sjöblom’s Gungfly - Happy Somewhere In Between for song of the year. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:35
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

^The choices aren't bad, but seem like commercial prog. No Sanguine Hum, French TV, Them Moose Rush, etc.

you live up to your user name.
Sanguine Hum is not even out yet. LOL

Edited by Cristi - November 17 2020 at 05:36
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:40
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

LOL. Not only that, when did we reach the point where prog fans complain about 'commercial prog'?
None of these videos have a million views, for example. (and quite likely, none of them will ever get this much in this timeline)
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:49
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

LOL. Not only that, when did we reach the point where prog fans complain about 'commercial prog'?
None of these videos have a million views, for example. (and quite likely, none of them will ever get this much in this timeline)

they are not commercial, it's not like they are selling like fresh bread. LOL
But anything that is melodious & catchy needs to be reprimanded. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:53

<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Sanguine Hum is not even out yet. LOL</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
</span>

Y'all are funny. Nice try Cristi, but the 13 minute "The Yellow Ship" from Hum's forthcoming album has been out for weeks. Blows all the other prog report entries away. The poll is for song of the year, not album.

ACM - just giving my opinion, not a complaint.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 05:55

<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Sanguine Hum is not even out yet. LOL</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
</span>

Y'all are funny. Nice try Cristi, but the 13 minute "The Yellow Ship" from Hum's forthcoming album has been out for weeks. Blows all the other prog report entries away. The poll is for song of the year, not album.

Well then, my bad, I have not heard the new Sanguine Hum song. I did not even now they are to release a new album. Now thanks to this thread, I do. Embarrassed Smile

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 06:37
Song of the Year is a toss-up between Pendragon's Afraid of Everything or Abel Ganz's One Small Soul, but they're not on the list :-(
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 06:53

Well then, my bad, I have not heard the new Sanguine Hum song. I did not even now they are to release a new album. Now thanks to this thread, I do.
No prob. As you said I need to live up to my name and help others.

The Hum album will be released Friday.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 18:47
I may be way off here, but aren't there still 48 days left in 2020? Stern Smile And, don't serious music listeners need a little extra time to digest the late-December releases?

Ridiculous!Thumbs Down

Edited by BrufordFreak - November 17 2020 at 18:47
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 03:13
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

I may be way off here, but aren't there still 48 days left in 2020? Stern Smile And, don't serious music listeners need a little extra time to digest the late-December releases?

Ridiculous!Thumbs Down

Fair point but they will have to make these mid-2021 in order for every band/album/whatever to have equal chance to win. I think that the sole mention of each release is good enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply