Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sea of Tranquility Album Rankings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sea of Tranquility Album Rankings
    Posted: November 19 2020 at 11:54
In view of the recent interest shown towards Pete Pardo's entertaining and informative album reviews on his Sea of Tranquility YouTube channel, I thought it was about time he had his own thread on ProgArchives, where The Endless River of Progressive Rock album reviews and listings can be collected together in one place, starting with Pink Floyd - and why not. Smile

Pete Pardo's Pink Floyd album rankings                 My Pink Floyd album rankings and PA ratings

1. Animals                                                          1. The Division Bell 5 stars
2. Dark Side of the Moon                                      2. Dark Side of the Moon 5 stars
3. Wish You Were Here                                        3. Wish You Were Here 4 stars
4. Meddle                                                           4. The Endless River 4 stars
5. Obscured by Clouds                                         5. A Momentary Lapse of Reason 4 stars
6. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn                         6. The Wall 4 stars
7. A Saucerful of Secrets                                      7. Atom Heart Mother 4 stars
8. Ummagumma                                                  8. Animals 4 stars
9. Atom Heart Mother                                           9. Meddle 4 stars
10. The Wall                                                       10. A Saucerful of Secrets 4 stars
11. A Momentary Lapse of Reason                        11. Obscured by Clouds 4 stars
12. The Division Bell                                            12. More 4 stars
13. More                                                            13. The Final Cut 3 stars
14. The Endless River                                          14. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn 3 stars
15. The Final Cut                                                15. Ummagumma 3 stars

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 21 2020 at 08:41
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 11:56
Ok, I'm jumping ship!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 11:59
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Ok, I'm jumping ship!

LOL

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:01
Regarding Mr Pardo, he doesn't need PA to promote his you tube channel unless of course he wants to pay us a fee.
But then Paul is probably getting a kick back.
Shocked
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:14
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Regarding Mr Pardo, he doesn't need PA to promote his you tube channel unless of course he wants to pay us a fee.
But then Paul is probably getting a kick back.
Shocked
I Wish You Were Here to see the smile on my face. Smile

Anyway, which list comes closest to your own ranking of Pink Floyd albums? Mine or Pete Pardo's?
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:37
I like Pete's videos, they're a lot of fun. 

Anyway, my PF ranking are closer to Pete's but I would move Division Bell & the Wall up higher

Edited by Argo2112 - November 19 2020 at 12:48
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:43
Quite how The Division Bell can be ranked above Animals on your list is utterly beyond me.

Edited by lazland - November 19 2020 at 12:44
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:44
Peter's ranking makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than your bizarre posting. ;)
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:50
But is this like an appreciation thread or it has an archiving purpose?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:58
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Quite how The Division Bell can be ranked above Animals on your list is utterly beyond me.
I saw that too but wasn't the least surprised. LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 13:10
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Peter's ranking makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than your bizarre posting. ;)
I suspect many people here will agree with you, although my "bizarre" album rankings won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.  Tongue
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 14:05
I'm bizarre too. I rank Ummagumma as their third best album.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:16
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

I love the live part of Ummagumma, but I think the album's badly let down by some of the weird studio tracks, such as the bizarrely titled "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" Wacko
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:18
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I love the live part of Ummagumma, but I think the album's badly let down by some of the weird studio tracks, such as the bizarrely titled "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" Wacko

hand over you psychedelic badge. LOLLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:21
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Ummagumma is too far out, even for my psychedelic tastes. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 19 2020 at 15:22
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:22

Ummagumma is too far out, even for me. Smile

what about Piper and Saucerful? 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:34
Good Lord!! Who has the time to compare your list to Pete's list and then to Paul's list and then to everyone else's list???????? By the time your done Pink Floyd will have regrouped and recorded a new album, which of course is never, so hence.....

I like watching Pete's videos.......that's all. I have music to listen to.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:44

In my top 3.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 15:50

Ummagumma is too far out, even for me. Smile

what about Piper and Saucerful? 
A Saucerful of Secrets is a good solid 4-star album for me, but I've ranked The Piper at the Gates of Dawn as a 3-star album, mainly because there's no David Gilmour on the album and I'm not a big fan of Syd Barrett.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 16:32

Pete Pardo's rankings for the studio albums of Camel  -  My Camel album rankings and PA ratings

1. Mirage                                                                   1. Moonmadness 5 stars
2. The Snow Goose                                                     2. Rajaz 5 stars
3. Moonmadness                                                        3. Mirage 5 stars
4. Camel                                                                    4. Nude 5 stars
5. Rain Dances                                                           5. Rain Dances 5 stars
6. Breathless                                                              6. Stationary Traveller 4 stars
7. Nude                                                                     7. Harbour of Tears 4 stars
8. I Can See Your House from Here                              8. Camel 4 stars
9. The Single Factor                                                    9. Dust and Dreams 4 stars
10. Stationary Traveller                                               10. Breathless 4 stars
11. Harbour of Tears                                                  11. I Can See Your House from Here 4 stars
12. Rajaz                                                                   12. The Snow Goose 4 stars
13. A Nod and a Wink                                                 13. A Nod and a Wink 4 stars
14. Dust and Dreams                                                  14. The Single Factor 3 stars

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 21 2020 at 08:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>