Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Age of Aquarius is dawning (for real)!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oliverstoned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 05:38
Indeed, The Zodiacs is a great band, the singer sounds like Jim Morrison declaming in "An american prayer". All the freshness of the early hippie era.

Edited by oliverstoned - November 20 2020 at 05:39
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 05:45
Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

Indeed, The Zodiacs is a great band, the singer sounds like Jim Morrison declaming in "An american prayer". All the freshness of the early hippie era.

I was dazed and amazed to find that CD album in HMV in Derby, and the other 11 signs of the zodiac on the album sound equally good too. The starry-eyed narrator on Cosmic Sounds reminds me of the "Witchfinder General" Vincent Price. Smile
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 05:53
Hippies: stop killing plants and putting them in your hair. What harm have they ever done to you? and think of the starving vegetarians maaan....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 06:41
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Hippies: stop killing plants and putting them in your hair. What harm have they ever done to you? and think of the starving vegetarians maaan....
I thought it was only hippies who go to San Francisco who are sure to wear some flowers in their hair. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 20 2020 at 06:43
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:00
I get the impression that I will have to start taking mind altering substances just to keep up with this forum.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:10
And don't forget the lava lamps and Moody Blues albums! In Search Of The Lost Chord is a must. OOOOOMM!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:12
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

A think a song is called for. Smile
The Fifth Dimension - Age of Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In Heart

Hi,

Actually the original songs from the musical were much better and meant a lot more than the over rated 5th something or other!

Whoooollleyyyyy crap, I'm going to have to consultConfused: I actually agree on something that Pedro said Big smileTongueWink

Though admittedly the movie version (from 79) are even better than the original Broadway musical versions (68/9)

I mean those arrangements (especially that incrediblt funky bass) are sooo awesome that it gives an almost-proggy touch. ClapHeartYing Yang

Hi,

Don't stop there ... Three Dog Night stole more songs than anyone ... and Capability Brown's version of LIAR is way better ... and the HAIR songs ... commercial jingles is all they were ... and the Theater and the play got nothing for it!

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:12
What is the "galactic central sun?" Sagittarius A* is considered a supermassive black hole.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:13
^ So much for the coming rapture! Confused
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:17
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I get the impression that I will have to start taking mind altering substances just to keep up with this forum.

Hi,

At the time, I was a weergin ... so you know and I never really took much of anything until 1972 ... but the whole SF thing with flowers in your hair, is pathetic, and set up an invasion on Haight and Ashbury that is still hated today and pathetic.

All of a sudden, the music didn't mean anything and only the girls with flowers in their hair teasing all the boys was the issue ... so to speak ... and it was sick. It became the California motto ... you got the dope you get the lay. And many people took advantage of it.

This was when you learned, quickly, that the whole thing was getting into the hands of the commercial and corporate interests, because they had a hard time dealing with the music and musicians ... but one song, kinda ruined a lot of things for me. SF was never the same after that and the scene became a dope nightmare that took away many lives in the next few years! )Not that it might not have done so anyway, but the addition of more people to it, made it worse(

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:19
^ bloody conformist!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:19
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

What is the "galactic central sun?" Sagittarius A* is considered a supermassive black hole.
Anyone who's careless enough to approach Sagittarius A* too closely can expect to encounter "Spaghettification": the theoretical stretching of an object as it encounters extreme differences in gravitational forces, especially those associated with a black hole. Ouch
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:51

Anyone who's careless enough to approach Sagittarius A* too closely can expect to encounter "Spaghettification": the theoretical stretching of an object as it encounters extreme differences in gravitational forces, especially those associated with a black hole. Ouch

Indeed Paul. This is something we both agree on wholeheartedly. Thumbs Up

I sometimes wonder if there is an astronomical phenomenon that with lasagnify something. The universe could use more lasagna.
----------
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:54

Indeed Paul. This is something we both agree on wholeheartedly. Thumbs Up

I sometimes wonder if there is an astronomical phenomenon that with lasagnify something. The universe could use more lasagna.
Presumably, if something is "lasagnified", it's flattened like a sheet of lasagne. Smile
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mind_Drive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:57

You are right, it is considered a supermassive black hole, but our mainstream science is mostly unaware of the higher planes of existence (ofcourse they are, because truth would set us free).

On a more subtle level, it is equally giving! It is the source of love and light of our galaxy, transmitting source energy to all living beings inside of it. Actually, like all things, it is a consciousness, a very powerful one, our galactic goddess.

We have to step out of our limiting worldview to understand this, but this is what all mysticism and recently even science hints at:

All is One -
One Consciousness
One Love
One Light
One Truth

Lets hear, what the fathers of quantum physics have to say..

Max Planck:
Quote As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clearheaded science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about the atoms this much: There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. . . . We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

We are the drop in the ocean and the ocean in the drop!
We are Source experiencing itself through us..

Or Niels Bohr put it:
Quote A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself.

It doesn't matter if you (dont) want to call it God, Krishna, Allah, the Universe or Source.. it is even the ultimate truth to be found through science.
Werner Heisenberg:
Quote “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”

let that sink in...

Heart

Edited by Mind_Drive - November 20 2020 at 08:24
It's just a ride... <3
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mind_Drive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 08:13
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Hi,

At the time, I was a weergin ... so you know and I never really took much of anything until 1972 ... but the whole SF thing with flowers in your hair, is pathetic, and set up an invasion on Haight and Ashbury that is still hated today and pathetic.

All of a sudden, the music didn't mean anything and only the girls with flowers in their hair teasing all the boys was the issue ... so to speak ... and it was sick. It became the California motto ... you got the dope you get the lay. And many people took advantage of it.

This was when you learned, quickly, that the whole thing was getting into the hands of the commercial and corporate interests, because they had a hard time dealing with the music and musicians ... but one song, kinda ruined a lot of things for me. SF was never the same after that and the scene became a dope nightmare that took away many lives in the next few years! )Not that it might not have done so anyway, but the addition of more people to it, made it worse(

Ofcourse, like everything within this matrix, positive movements are highjacked, commercialized and twisted as soon as they get too powerful. they also realized what huge raise in consciousness the use of psychedelic substances can cause in the population and made everything illegal..

but those were different times.. now we have the internet which is connecting us and evolving us into an hyperintelligent hivemind, which can experience rapid and massive swings in consciousness.. this is the time guys!
It's just a ride... <3
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 08:24
I used to be of the common opinion here that astrology and other metaphysical sciences were rubbish but after having had many personal experiences that are utterly unexplainable as well as astrological readings that were eerily accurate, i had to change my tune. The coming age isn't necessarily about the age of Aquarius but rather an energetic bifurcation of consciousness that allows our consciousness to interlope between dimensional realities. This stuff will not register with those who haven't studied keylontic sciences and one has to have had personal experiences to validate that these beyond the physical are real but when the universe is ready to contact you by whatever means, there's no denying that our five senses are a pittance among the vastness of the energetic universe. Mystery schools have been teaching this stuff underground for millennia but the mainstream is only now catching up with newer forms of quantum and plasma physics.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 08:32
Originally posted by Mind_Drive Mind_Drive wrote:

You are right, it is considered a supermassive black hole, but our mainstream science is mostly unaware of the higher planes of existence (ofcourse they are, because truth would set us free).

On a more subtle level, it is equally giving! It is the source of love and light of our galaxy, transmitting source energy to all living beings inside of it. Actually, like all things, it is a consciousness, a very powerful one, our galactic goddess.

We have to step out of our limiting worldview to understand this, but this is what all mysticism and recently even science hints at:

All is One -
One Consciousness
One Love
One Light
One Truth

Lets hear, what the fathers of quantum physics have to say..

Max Planck:
Quote As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clearheaded science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about the atoms this much: There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. . . . We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

We are the drop in the ocean and the ocean in the drop!
Source is experiencing itself through us..

Or Niels Bohr put it:
Quote A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself.

It doesn't matter if you (dont) want to call it God, Krishna, Allah, the Universe or Source.. it is even the ultimate truth to be found through science.
Werner Heisenberg:
Quote “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”

Heart
let that sink in...

Thank you very much for replying. That's an interesting way of looking at it. You'll have to forgive me for my ignorance because my worldview has generally been based on science, so I don't necessarily understand much of what you have posted in this thread. 

I have been reading some of the works from the folks at the University of Virginia's Division of Perceptual Studies (right now in the middle of reading Irreducible Mind), so I'm aware that there are two camps in the psychology field: one that believes consciousness arises from our brains, and one that believes (or maybe "alludes to" is a better phrase) that consciousness is more than just the mind. They've been studying this for decades and it would seem that consciousness appears to survive death. I find the memories of past lives case studies fascinating and hope to read more on this as I've only watched a video or two of Jim Tucker giving presentations.

So that's kind of where I'm at on this. So Archons and Reptilians and the central galactic sun are just going over my head. 
----------
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 11:10
I was born under a lucky sign then Wink
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 11:18
Originally posted by triptych triptych wrote:

I was born under a lucky sign then Wink

Astrology's name comes from astra, stars. There have always been 13 zodiacal constellations, but the charlatans somehow chose to create a system out of the 12. Some say it is because of the seasons and months (12). But THEN, its name (astrology) DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

In the 13 sign system, I'm an Aquarius. Cool

BTW, this is my favourite "spiritual" song. I love it. Perhaps listened to it thousands of times. 

A part of its lyrics: "Open your eyes, release your astral ties, and you will transcend beyond the stars."

P.S. At 3.48, another song begins and continues for some time. It's my second favourite of them (Keldian): The Last Frontier.

Edited by Shadowyzard - November 20 2020 at 11:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>