13 [39.39%]
14 [42.42%]
1 [3.03%]
5 [15.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 21:56
Been revisiting this more, i'm starting to get it a little more. I still think its a little middle of the road but it's a decent listen and interesting album for the band
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 22:06
The album has one of a very short list of songs by Dream Theater that I actually still enjoy, Lines in the Sand.  The rest of the album, like much of DT's discography, I find very tedious. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2020 at 20:59
I actually hate Lines in the Sand.
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 06:40
underrated it's a great album (edit)
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 06:44
I chose other. The collective PA rating is something I tend to ignore. It's a decent album.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 09:59
Alright, i've sat down and put some time into this album and it's really grown on me. A couple duds in there, but tons of great tracks: New Millenium, Lines in the Sand, Trial of Tears, Take Away My Pain, Hells Kitchen. Peruvian Skies, Hollow Years, Just Let me Breath. This album just sounds dramatically different from all the albums around it, but it's kinda got its own unique charm. Strong 3 stars, maybe even a light 4 stars
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 14:04
^ Try and check out the Demos version of the album. It's got some lost gems in it... and some gems that made it to the album, but were better left unpolished.
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 00:03
^Like Raise the Knife.

I also love New Millenium!
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2020 at 13:00
^ Not the moments I would choose from the demos album (New Millenium in particular I do prefer the officially released version), but that's just it with such things, we all might find something different to love on that release.
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2020 at 00:45
Oh I was referring to the official release for New Millenium, not the demo. Sorry, should have been more clear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234