7 [13.73%]
10 [19.61%]
28 [54.90%]
6 [11.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 15:20
Great photo!   
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 05:16
Revealing Science of God.

It's up there with CTTE and Gates..
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 10:11
Not my favorite Yes album but it has it's moments. Went with Ritual.
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 14:11
Revealing Science of God, by far the best track of the album.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 14:54
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

Great photo!   

My friend, Curt, took that photo.  He's the best amateur concert photographer ever!  

Check this one out!  Jon during "The Gates of Delirium" at the same show! 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 18:08
Compliments to your friend, this is a testimony from legendary times (amazing vibe..!)
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 21:26
The Revealing Science of God. Now, I think it would be interesting to have a poll about which name of song in this album is the favourite.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 02:20
Ritual just for the great memory of seeing them play it live with an orchestra and an array of kettle drums!
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 03:33
The Remembering. Awesome climactic piece with the hit single - Relayer - that never was.

I do think this album should have had it's sections indexed so we can see it's not 4 songs despite being over 4 sides. Actually The Revealing Science is the only one with it's repeating themes that bears any resemblance to a song. Quite brilliant. The Ancient is two pieces and The The Remembering is 2, possibly 3. Ritual might be four pieces.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 04:03
"The Ancient". But in the original version, not the remastered one.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 21:24
I don't quite understand how TRSOG became such a Yes favorite. It's not bad of course but in no way is it better than Ritual. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 08:07
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I don't quite understand how TRSOG became such a Yes favorite. It's not bad of course but in no way is it better than Ritual. 

"Expect the unexpected" might be the right moto for a poll like this. I'll just say that, even when the album grabbed me with its four sides (the parts Rick was forced to do included), the Revealing Science striked me first as the most different sounding part of it, and to be different is very attractive to prog people...

Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 23:01

Which is why we call it an opinion, just like yours, which I also happen to disagree with.

The Revealing Science of God is light years ahead of the rest of the record IMHO and they could have stopped at that one track and it would arguably be tied with CTTE.

How is Dark Side of The Moon not overrated, by comparison (assuming you're one of the people here that worship that album)? I will never not harp on that when people attempt to argue empirical subjectivity (contradiction) lol.

You like what you like, we like what we like. Enjoy it! Wink

Edited by Frenetic Zetetic - November 28 2020 at 23:01

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2020 at 09:53
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

"Expect the unexpected" might be the right moto for a poll like this. I'll just say that, even when the album grabbed me with its four sides (the parts Rick was forced to do included), the Revealing Science striked me first as the most different sounding part of it, and to be different is very attractive to prog people...

If anything is different from the rest of the album it's "the Ancient."

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 29 2020 at 09:57
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2020 at 09:56
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Which is why we call it an opinion, just like yours, which I also happen to disagree with.

The Revealing Science of God is light years ahead of the rest of the record IMHO and they could have stopped at that one track and it would arguably be tied with CTTE.

How is Dark Side of The Moon not overrated, by comparison (assuming you're one of the people here that worship that album)? I will never not harp on that when people attempt to argue empirical subjectivity (contradiction) lol.

You like what you like, we like what we like. Enjoy it! Wink

Light years? LOL. No way. It's repetitious and doesn't really go anywhere. It's good but it's not as adventurous as the other tracks on the album. Opinion? No, it's a fact. LOL

You're opinion is wrong! Wink 

DSOTM is very over rated. Tongue

Ok, I'm not saying people can't have their opinion but just that I personally don't get it. I do think ritual kind of starts to lose the plot at some point but the first half is fantastic. At some point you hear what sounds like a little kid banging two pots and two pans and then it gets slow and sappy but much of it is great. TRSOG starts out great and I like the chorus and the one synth solo but other than that it just seems to go around in circles or something. The most underrated track on Tales imo is probably the Ancient though. I just really like the exotic sound of it. It's probably the most otherwordly thing they did up to that point(surpassed on the next album relayer though). 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - December 09 2020 at 10:32
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2020 at 17:54
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 07:46
Listening to Ritual, it just occurs to me that the then revolutionary drums sound in Peter Gabriel's Rythm Of The Heat it's already there, in Alan's assorted percussion solo...   
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 16:43
It's been done. Anyway, TRSOG (DOTD)
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123