Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rick Wakeman's 10 Favorite 70s Rock Songs (and Roc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rick Wakeman's 10 Favorite 70s Rock Songs (and Roc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 23:58
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Can't say I'm overly impressed with his choices..there are several on his list that are mediocre tracks imho and many great rock tracks not listed....no...not gonna say which ones.
Wink

TBH I stayed out until now because I thought his entire list was unimpressive, it almost feels rushed tbh.

Glad I'm not the only one LOL.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 02:38
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

But stranger than his fiction is that for someone that talks so much rubbish and some B and C rated comedy

You've not read Rick's two Grumpy books. They're hilarious.

Hi,

I have the largest collection of English humor you will never know ... Rick is 3rd rate! Sorry.

I would never consider him before Spike, Peter and Harry or Pete and Dud, Jonathan Miller and the others that became history of English Theater. The Bonzo's were magnificent and then when Neil Innes went to Monty Python, you got even more ... 

Grumpy is not a comedian ... sorry!

I guess that's confirmation you've not read his two books. They're aren't transcriptions of comedy routines. The books consist of stories from his musical past, and if you think they aren't the slightest bit funny, you may want to have a physician check your pulse!
I don't think anyone's putting Rick in the same league as professional comics (although I've seen him twice and he is a very funny guy, I'd rather listen to his jokes than those of some people I could mention). His story about being mistaken for Richard Clayderman is hilarious, as was his telling of being whacked in the face by Trevor Rabin's guitar.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 03:57
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Can't say I'm overly impressed with his choices..there are several on his list that are mediocre tracks imho and many great rock tracks not listed....no...not gonna say which ones.
Wink

TBH I stayed out until now because I thought his entire list was unimpressive, it almost feels rushed tbh.

Glad I'm not the only one LOL.
He's just picking his favourites, not making a grand statement about the greatest rock songs of all time (something I strongly suspect he would not have much interest in doing). The guy's entitled to like Status Quo, y'know. So what if it's only rock'n'roll?
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2020 at 15:42
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I guess that's confirmation you've not read his two books. They're aren't transcriptions of comedy routines. The books consist of stories from his musical past, and if you think they aren't the slightest bit funny, you may want to have a physician check your pulse!
I don't think anyone's putting Rick in the same league as professional comics (although I've seen him twice and he is a very funny guy, I'd rather listen to his jokes than those of some people I could mention). His story about being mistaken for Richard Clayderman is hilarious, as was his telling of being whacked in the face by Trevor Rabin's guitar.

The tale of his chicken dinner being picked at by the other Yes-men (minus Howe) who were all doing the fake veg shtick was funny as hell. And his former guitarist Anthony, who could play a guitar but do little else right. And then the "Religious Bridge" and the chain-farting. LOLLOLLOL

Rick needs a biopic!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123