Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amon Düül II Dark Horse Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these albums is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [30.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
2 [20.00%]
1 [10.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 14:15
Your impressions are pretty similar to mine. What I think is that Peter Leopold is sorely missed, he had died three years before they recorded this (so long ago already - I had to check because I had thought he died later, but I knew he wasn't on that album anymore), and he was very good, maybe the underrated spine of the band. Much of the drumming on Düülirium is quite static (Fichelscher had been better in the past but not the standard of Leopold) and for me that's the biggest problem with the album. And I agree, Lothar Meid was also not at his best in some parts, although he has some good ones. He died in 2015... not sure, maybe he was already plagued by health issues, no idea. Anyway, as I wrote in my review, I'm happy that we have that album, for all its flaws it's still something unique and really Düül.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 22:16
Hi,

I was thinking that the other thing that may be missing in this album, are the keyboards, which may have been the material that the rest of the band needed to keep them all together, and this time, it is not there much, and that leaves the rest of the band on their own ... and while it is still very good AD2, I think that in the end, it is missing some of the great beauty of their earlier material.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12