Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barclay James Harvest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: What do you think of Barclay James Harvest?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [26.19%]
10 [23.81%]
8 [19.05%]
1 [2.38%]
2 [4.76%]
1 [2.38%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProcolWho? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2020 at 00:21
Some great stuff , some not so great. 
But this epic is one of my all time faves

Edited by ProcolWho? - December 05 2020 at 00:22
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2020 at 08:37
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

BJH are a strange one for me, "Once Again" would be in my top 5 prog albums but the others I've listened to vary from "ok" to "meh" and I can't really explain why. I do go back to them from time to time and will continue to try, so I've gone "other".

Hi,

Wow ... and their first live double album is magnificent with an amazing double of Summer Soldier and Medicine Man, that is designed to blast your ears inside out.

I think that we have to get off the "impress me" kind of thing that many bands go for, as a juke to catch your attention, and BJH is not for "attention" as it is for solid music and a specially well delivered show.

That they did not make it as "big" as others should not be an issue either ... they did just fine, thank you ... and were not in it to be the number one band in the show. It was all about the members and the quality of their work, and it's really hard to find/look for something wrong ... and sometimes, just mean stuff, that many folks can not relate because their lyrics are not that my schlong is bigger than yours and all the groupies like it! Eat your heart out! And that she's a bitch and all that!

This is one of the main reasons why I do not go for "top 5" or "top ten" or "top bsandcrap" ... because the over rating of their material ends up hiding the really good stuff that deserves attention but never gets it ... and if it were up to me, things like "punk" would not have made one third of the attention they got ... attention to what? It was all media, not music!

Edited by moshkito - December 05 2020 at 08:39
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123