Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What genre is this song?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 15:54
Korg Prog ?  Ermm

Sounds nice, but a bit hesitating and unfinished: some interesting ideas that deserve to be worked out to give them a bit more direction. But I don't think this snippet is enough to determine a genre. So, keep them coming!

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 17:45
does there always have to be a genre? well, if in doubt just invent a new one.

"Denn eben wo Begriffe fehlen, da stellt ein Wort zur rechten Zeit sich ein". (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

translation: "For where all definitions are amiss, a word will come up just at the right time".

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
elektrykbestia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elektrykbestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 20:55
Thanks for the feedback Lieutenant_Lan Wink Appreciate you checking it out! 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqN9KdS_1375gZLG-A0X2w?view_as=subscriber
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elektrykbestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 20:58
Appreciate the feedback JD, even though you did not care for it. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elektrykbestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 21:01
Hi Moshkito, thanks for your reply! For us, genre is not that important but we love to hear what other people's thoughts are! Big smile This particular song is composed the way it is for a reason and that's to push the boundaries a bit. At least that's what the hope was Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elektrykbestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 21:13
Korg Prog could be a possibility. We use the korg alot as a backbone or bass for songs but we also use the omnisphere or other synth for that as well Big smile Here is the 2nd song off our newest album if you'd like to check it out. Quite different than Color of Lightning! Overall, our goal is to sound different from song to song, hopefully keeping the listener interested. Almost like a never ending journey! 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elektrykbestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 21:20
BaldJean, definitely not! We do like to hear what people's thoughts are though! Smile We were actually labeled eclectic prog by progarchives about 10 years ago after about 1 year of waiting for an answer when we released our first album "The EP" about 10 years ago. We were getting bounced around from forum to forum as nobody had it easy to classify our music, so after all these years later this new album we just released is again a bit hard to classify which is fun for us. Wink It's cool to hear new opinions!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 05:42
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

does there always have to be a genre? well, if in doubt just invent a new one.

"Denn eben wo Begriffe fehlen, da stellt ein Wort zur rechten Zeit sich ein". (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

translation: "For where all definitions are amiss, a word will come up just at the right time".
That reminds me of this...I love these.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 05:46
Originally posted by elektrykbestia elektrykbestia wrote:

Appreciate the feedback JD, even though you did not care for it. Wink
As an engineer and a bit of a producer I never mean to be cruel, but even I have learned that I need to listen to outside observers to get perspective. In my photography I always ask my wife to critique my calendar before publishing it. The shots I love she is usually cool to and the ones she loves I find Meh. But I trust her vision more because she's not so close to it. The question is...what do you do with the information. Hopefully you put it to good use.

Good luck and keep producing.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12