0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Favourite Therion Studio Album
    Posted: December 20 2020 at 01:43
I first listened to Therion sometime between 1996 and 1998. Their albums Theli and Vovin were (in fact still are) among my favourite albums ever. I think especially Theli is very mystical, and some raw and repetitive compositional aspects of the album even enhance its impact and mystifying air. I'd say the album reflects a nubilous grandeur, and its imperfections add to the value and authenticity of it.

My second favourite Therion album is Vovin, it is also a very impressive album. More dramatic and emotional than Theli; also a better musicianship is displayed throughout. With a more potent choir and orchestra, and a far more refined approach; both musically and sound wise.

I like Deggial a lot too, albeit not everything of it. It generally has a grandiose atmosphere, coupled with a glamorous and enthralling soul. Nevertheless, it doesn't flow perfectly and I don't think the electric guitar utilization is, through and through, a decent fit.

My last favourite album of them is Gothic Kabbalah. A standout album in their discography. Oddly beautiful and charming.

They're gonna release their new album: Leviathan, soon. I liked the first single off of it. (Linked below.) The female vocals are excellent and the song is decent. I'm eager to hear the whole album.

Any comments?

Edited by Shadowyzard - December 20 2020 at 02:40
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 02:32
For me, Vovin (1) and Theli (2).

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 03:20
Theli is my favorite, a unique sound when it came out.

Post Lemuria Therion is predictable already and less and less interesting. I will only listen to it just out of curiosity. 

Therion started as a death metal band and although this genre is very hit and miss with me, I like those albums. Back in the day they were always trying something new, aiming for originality I guess. 

Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 03:26
Vovin.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 05:45
Between Theli and Vovin, go with Theli, but both are essential and their best for sure
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 05:57
Had to give Secret of the Runes a vote . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 13:24
Deggial is my favorite.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 06:14
Leviathan is out. My initial feeling was disappointment, but with multiple listens I thought it is a 7/10 album.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 06:16
easy choice
Theli 
 Post Reply Post Reply