Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butler's Experiment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ktulugaz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butler's Experiment
    Posted: January 02 2021 at 05:49
Ktulugaz72 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ktulugaz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2021 at 05:51
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 09:30
Welcome, here's a Thumbs Up for 'Torchlight Splinters' so far!

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ktulugaz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 16:44
Thank you so much, Rivertree! Sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy as I return to music college tomorrow-I have a lot to catch up with. I'm glad you like Torchlight Splinters-it was a long gestation for that album. I hope you like the new song, Control which will be released in March 2021 on Spotify. It will be up on our website before then but it will only be a snippet. Please keep up to date on our Facebook page and I'll gladly keep you up to date myself via email if you like. Are you in band? What music do you like?

Garry
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 14:53
Just listening to you guys on 'Spotify'.  Heard 'Black Swan' , 'Promises and Laughter' , 'Torchlight Splinters' 
and 'Pandora' 

The music seems quite an interesting combination of Prog and early 80's Indie, the vocals are very distinctive. Really promising sound. 
Keep us informed of your releases and wishing you well. 
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ktulugaz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 08:45
Afternoon, Droxford. So sorry for the late reply. I was attending music college most of the day. Thanks for checking us out. Interesting you say 80's indie. A lot of us are child's of the '80s and love tonnes of 80's bands like Gary Numan, Echo and the Bunnymen, Bauhaus, Tears For Fears, The Police. Of course, with prog, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Marillion, Fish, Rush-you name it. Many folk don't like our vocalist. The reason why I chose Steve the singer-he's very unique! I'll definitely keep you up to date with our new release as mentioned before.

Garry (Gaz)
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 09:12
Originally posted by Ktulugaz72 Ktulugaz72 wrote:

Many folk don't like our vocalist. The reason why I chose Steve the singer-he's very unique!

He actually reminded me of Michael Stipe! It's a very good start, although I didn't find it as prog as you said in your intro. There's an occasional wayward drum beat but it's pretty good.
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 13:30
Hope that you hang on to Steve the Singer, he gives the band a certain distinction. Yes, I see a Michael Stipe comparison ! 
Regards 

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Ktulugaz72 Ktulugaz72 wrote:

Many folk don't like our vocalist. The reason why I chose Steve the singer-he's very unique!

He actually reminded me of Michael Stipe! It's a very good start, although I didn't find it as prog as you said in your intro. There's an occasional wayward drum beat but it's pretty good.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ktulugaz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 13:47
Wow! Michael Stipe!!! Didn't expect that. Cool. Well, we are not a full on prog band. I suppose that is because of the different influences we mash together. I hope we make a second album once this crappy pandemic is over, Chopper.

Gaz
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2021 at 02:43
Hi there, for me, influences fron Rush, Magma, Camel, Tears for Fears are very cool........but c'mon, Marillion.....yuck ! The latter is perhaps the most OVERRated prog band on Earth .....my 2 cents :):)
TY for the good vibes and rock on :)!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply