Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pink Floyd: The Wall.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 08:35
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

The Wall isn't my favourite Pink Floyd album, but it is my favourite Roger Waters album. Smile

are you sure what you wrote there makes any sense? LOL

I’m presuming he’s meaning the Roger Water album of The Wall live in Berlin? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 20:31
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

The Wall isn't my favourite Pink Floyd album, but it is my favourite Roger Waters album. Smile

I’m presuming he’s meaning the Roger Water album of The Wall live in Berlin? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually, that statement makes Perfect Sense. Though it would actually make even better sense if he were talking about The Final Cut.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 20:52
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

An absolute masterpiece in terms of ideas and their execution, musicality, expressivity, and pure emotion. Even if the listener is not absorbing the whole thing at once, he could enjoy just some individual songs. This is one of the very exceptional aspects about 'The Wall' - it works perfectly both as a continuous mammoth piece (and this is surely the way I like to listen to it) or as an album from which one can extract unbelievable songs which are at this point in time, unprecedented classics. And shall we mention the majestic movie that accompanied this achievement of rock music? With all this said, I must admit that I never understood the criticism towards 'The Wall', it is quite glorious and deserves all the praise it gets!

My hero!!! Clap

The Wall today still hits me like it did in '79, I remember coming home from HS for weeks after it came out and doing one thing before anything, spinning The Wall (all 4 sides). It really is like a movie with ups and downs but as a complete movie its easily Best Picture caliber.

When I want to spin it I make sure I am ready to hear all 4 sides.....very rare I will only listen to 1-2 sides.

Sums up the album, in a impressive way imho
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 03:57

The only digestable song off this wimpy album is Comfortably Numb. Nuff said !!!Big smileWinkTongueSmile
CryCry Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where are you Syd!!!!!CryCry

Edited by triptych - January 21 2021 at 03:58
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 05:04
Originally posted by triptych triptych wrote:

The only digestable song off this wimpy album is Comfortably Numb. Nuff said !!!Big smileWinkTongueSmile

digestible? why, are you eating it? 
LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 05:20
He's probably allergic to vinyl.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:29

LOL

Do you know what figurative speech means ??!

Edited by triptych - January 21 2021 at 06:33
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:31

LOL

Figurative language refers to the use of words in a way that deviates from the conventional order and meaning in order to convey a complicated meaning, colorful writing, clarity, or evocative comparison. It uses an ordinary sentence to refer to something without directly stating it.

Edited by triptych - January 21 2021 at 06:31
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:33
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'm not, but you might well be !!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:36

LOL

Figurative language refers to the use of words in a way that deviates from the conventional order and meaning in order to convey a complicated meaning, colorful writing, clarity, or evocative comparison. It uses an ordinary sentence to refer to something without directly stating it.

thank you Captain Obvious, you've saved us all. 
I was only joking, it's even funnier that you got annoyed with what I said (which I did not think it was possible, but anyway). LOL
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:40

LOL

thank you Captain Obvious, you've saved us all. 
I was only joking, it's even funnier that you got annoyed with what I said (which I did not think it was possible, but anyway). LOL

Wow !!! so now we have a guilty conscience, don't we ??!!LOLLOLLOLLOL
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:48
Cristi was quite clearly joking, so the only one with egg on their face is you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I find eggs digestible, but only in certain forms.

I do not like green eggs, though - ham or not.

Cristi vs Triptych is looking like it could be the new Cristi vs Paul.

Paul more or less rhymes with Wall, which is eggs in a form I enjoy. I find it easily digestible, and so good that I often come back for seconds. You can’t have any pudding I’d you don’t eat your meat, but honestly Wall is meaty enough to fill me up, without needing any pudding. 👍🏻

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 06:52

God no... 
Have I got the reputation of the one that argues all the time? LOL
I guess the nonsense some users go into here bothers me more than others. LOL
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:35

Exactly! I meant Roger Waters' The Wall: Live in Berlin album, so what I said makes perfect sense, which makes a nice change. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:47

Exactly! I meant Roger Waters' The Wall: Live in Berlin album, so what I said makes perfect sense, which makes a nice change. Smile

awful live album, I agree with the overall rating it's got here on PA. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:52

Yeah, I gave up on vinyl ages ago. The vinyl craze is just a hoax, but don't tell that to my friend Catcher10. LOL  Seriously, you are one of few that I've ever seen disparage The Wall with such disdain!. It's actually kind of refreshing!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 09:03

awful live album, I agree with the overall rating it's got here on PA. 
It appears Roger Waters' Live in Berlin album has come up against The Wall of indifference from you. Tongue 

Not surprisingly, I disagree. It's a brilliant Live album with a well-deserved 5-star rating from me. Thumbs Up

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - January 21 2021 at 10:07
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:32

Yeah, I gave up on vinyl ages ago. The vinyl craze is just a hoax, but don't tell that to my friend Catcher10. LOL  Seriously, you are one of few that I've ever seen disparage The Wall with such disdain!. It's actually kind of refreshing!

The Wall as a whole is of little worth musically speaking, esp if we compare it to other more SERIOUS Floyd albums. Most people have played the record sales card when arguing about The Wall ! Frankly, I don't care if an album has sold millions of copies around the world....it just means that there are people who like to throw their hard-earned money out the window and not that there are people who really like and appreciate REAL music. But that's all fine with me. All I can say to round up this post is that Syd wouldn't have liked The Wall one single bit :)
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:34

Cristi was quite clearly joking, so the only one with egg on their face is you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I find eggs digestible, but only in certain forms.

I do not like green eggs, though - ham or not.

Paul more or less rhymes with Wall, which is eggs in a form I enjoy. I find it easily digestible, and so good that I often come back for seconds. You can’t have any pudding I’d you don’t eat your meat, but honestly Wall is meaty enough to fill me up, without needing any pudding. 👍🏻

Again, no-one asked your opinion EGGHEAD Big smileLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:36

God no... 
Have I got the reputation of the one that argues all the time? LOL
I guess the nonsense some users go into here bothers me more than others. LOL
Really? The one that has the reputation of the one that argues all the time? I hadn't noticed LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>