Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Learn & Share Our English Language Levels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's Learn & Share Our English Language Levels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What is your English level?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
2 [33.33%]
2 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's Learn & Share Our English Language Levels
    Posted: January 06 2021 at 06:22
This is definitely the best free online test I've ever seen, to assess one's English language level.

Exclamation Attention: There are listening parts included, so you have to use earphones or speakers while taking the test.

https://www.londonschool.com/online-english-level-test/

They divided the highest level (C2) into two, and my result is C2 - Advanced, which is the 8th level out of the 9. (See the image below.)

What is yours?

ZZZZZ

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 06 2021 at 06:30
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 09:08
Ah, on my second I got the highest. I took the test again, as I realized that I had answered one of the questions illogically. The second test brought mostly different questions, and I replied the ones I'd been asked on my first test with selecting the same options. I wasn't asked the question that I had answered inanely. :p

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 06 2021 at 10:05
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 09:30
I used to be pretty advanced but now I got rusty.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 09:38
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

I used to be pretty advanced but now I got rusty.

Oil up the engines and get ready to progress, then! TongueWink

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 06 2021 at 09:45
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 10:36
Was is das Englisch?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 10:38
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 10:48
Eh, they ask for my phone number. Hopefully they won't subscribe me to some magazine or spam me with advertisements...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 10:52
^ I took the risk. Even though their address ends with ".com" (.edu or .org would seem more trustable); I get the impression that it is a trustable site.

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 06 2021 at 10:53
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 11:37
"Only" £10 for an advanced test report. Seems like it's a private rather than a state-owned English school. They have to make money.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 11:41
^ Advanced test report? Come on, who needs that... I've tried many free online tests like this, and I can confidently say that this was the best one.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 11:53
I didn't buy one. They were going to send it to me by mail rather than just giving me a document to download. It's 10 pounds thrown out for nothing...

Edited by The Anders - January 06 2021 at 11:54
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 12:24
^ I would only give that money for a full test, that includes writing and speaking sections as well. Oh and having at least 80-100 questions is a must for a virtually precise assessment.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 14:41
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Was is das Englisch?

Vat he said!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 22:06
The test had just enough subjective question to make it completely useless IMHO.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:52
A wise old man once told me: "Don't wait for anyone to give you a pat on your back.....give it to YOURSELF". After many moons, I have to say he was damn right. I got straight "A+s " in English in high school and yes, I am very advanced in our beautiful lingo.......I mean, I'd necessarily have to be because I have been teaching ESOL English in the E.U. for the past 25 odd years !!!!!!Approve
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 15:56
I am a native speaker but would be willing to do the test anyway. but I'm not willing to give my phone number, which is required for doing the test

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 16:18
^ I'd say you're already C2 (Very Advanced) in English; as it is the standart level of the educated natives (of any language). C2 is endless though. Perhaps a person with a photographic memory can reach the maximum of the level C2. Though, s/he has to do lots of research for the earlier English usage. Even then, some things may not be found; and the furthest you could reach can come from the dusty pages of history. And I believe that some things just evaporated. It is said that William Shakespeare's vocabulary range in English was 69.000-70.000 words (and he only used less than 40.000 of them in his works). That's gotta be a big challenge!

I gave my phone number, as you can guess. Nothing unpleasant, or to put it better, nothing has happened as of yet that I'm aware of, because of it. 

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 18 2021 at 16:20
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 16:26
I used a fake one Thumbs Up
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 16:58
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

^ I'd say you're already C2 (Very Advanced) in English; as it is the standart level of the educated natives (of any language). C2 is endless though. Perhaps a person with a photographic memory can reach the maximum of the level C2. Though, s/he has to do lots of research for the earlier English usage. Even then, some things may not be found; and the furthest you could reach can come from the dusty pages of history. And I believe that some things just evaporated. It is said that William Shakespeare's vocabulary range in English was 69.000-70.000 words (and he only used less than 40.000 of them in his works). That's gotta be a big challenge!

I gave my phone number, as you can guess. Nothing unpleasant, or to put it better, nothing has happened as of yet that I'm aware of, because of it. 

it is so standard I can tell you it's "standard", not "standart" Wink. "Standart" would actually be German for "way of standing", though one would usually say "Art zu stehen" in German

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 17:03
LOL

^ Ah sure, my Turkish interfered. Standart is the Turkish of standard, also. BTW, my mind can sometimes be unpleasantly strange. I literally wrote "beuty" instead of "beauty" for a couple of years. I was a B2 then. Quite shameful, I'd say. Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>