Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camel
    Posted: January 12 2021 at 18:44
The very first album is a very unique record it is a combination of a fusion like sounds as a well great melodies. My personal fav from this one is MYSTIC QUEEN the whole record is well above par and a great introduction to camel all superb songs
the instrumental SIX ATE showcases andy latimers guitar playing the two rockers SLOW YOURSELF DOWN and the blowout ARUBALUBA is an epic closer thanks for reading
my review much better stuff from camel came out later on
so i rate this 4 out of five
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 18:49
My fave camel album from their first 3 albums. Six and Mystic are awesome
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 23:50
Great start to a great band, but I'll be honest the only thing I listen to less is everything after Moonmadness.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 13:15
great debut and one of my favorite Camel albums. Tongue
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2021 at 21:19
Thankfully, the first album is similar to the sound and approach of all the early Camel albums (through Moonmadness). I probably like Mirage the most though, which was also the first album I got by them. It means a lot to me how that opened up that particular "world". There's always something special about discovering a new group that will add a lot of enjoyment and music to your life.

Edited by Boojieboy - September 28 2021 at 21:20
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2021 at 08:07
Great debut. The next three are slightly better but it's fantastic on its own.
The Prog Corner
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2021 at 10:38
Good debut - rarely listened to.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2021 at 08:14
Hi,

Weird ... even "Never Let Go" is a great song, and it was played a lot in those days by Guy Guden. But we only got that album after their 2nd, which I got as an import for the cover ... couldn't resist.

I don't have a favorite album, I love them all as it was a very special band, despite folks trashing THE SNOW GOOSE, which to me is a big finger to the record companies and to a lot of fans that just want hits for their music, so they can go one up on their friends. I find the whole thing so bad and cynical, specially when folks say such naughty things about NUDE ... and we still don't get it what it is all about!

Edited by moshkito - October 01 2021 at 07:15
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply