Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - James Jeffrey "Jeff" Plewman aka Nash the Slash
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James Jeffrey "Jeff" Plewman aka Nash the Slash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: James Jeffrey "Jeff" Plewman aka Nash the Slash
    Posted: January 13 2021 at 03:09
Yes, it's about time we all gave a round of applause....a long round of applause.......to probably the most underrated prog rock musician on the planet. JJJP from Canada started off by founding the great prog rock band "FM" in 1975 and he never failed to deliver that right mixture of off-the-wall prog rock (influenced by Focus, Faust and Sparks amongst others) down thru the years. What I like about his music is the CORRECT use of electronica which doesn't irritate the mind and soul. Many bands use too much electronics and produce very wimpy commercial music as a rsult.....not NTS. 
I love this album he released together with Cameron Hawkins and Martin Deller in 2001: Lost in Space Reel To Reel Obscurities.
Thank you Jeff and Rock in PeaceCryCry

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2021 at 05:22
Silly Trivia Item #756

I used to buy my import albums at his brother's record store in my hometown.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Nomadic View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nomadic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 12:37
Love Nash. He used machines as a weapon! The limitations of the technology of the day were inspirations to him, and he got very creative with his arsenal of instruments, drum machines, reel to reel, pedals, etc. I'm glad I got turned on to FM around 78/79. One of my biggest musical influences.
http://nomadichorizonband.com
 Post Reply Post Reply