Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - David Hentschel produced Genesis v. Renaissance 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Hentschel produced Genesis v. Renaissance 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: David Hentschel produced Genesis v. Renaissance 2
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [92.68%]
3 [7.32%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Hentschel produced Genesis v. Renaissance 2
    Posted: January 26 2021 at 16:02
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Went to Hentschel's web site and found out he's done a ton of notable stuff, including being the engineer on Van der Graaf's Pawn Hearts.

I had a good look and as you say quite interesting to say. I was especially very intrigued that he was involved in making a Michael Bolton album and then quickly realised it was not that Michael Bolton but the British jazz bass player Michael J Bolton LOL
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 16:43
Went to Hentschel's web site and found out he's done a ton of notable stuff, including being the engineer on Van der Graaf's Pawn Hearts.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 17:41
'Wuthering.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 08:03
Hohum Genesis again.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 05:26
Genesis again
It’s a mad mad world conspiracy theories on a. Vast scale about “COVID-19 and the Government” cover up..,
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 05:25
Genesis again . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 03:26
Wind and Wuthering by a country mile
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 03:00
Wind and wuthering.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 22:07
Easily W&W. The Synths in Azure D'Or are all wrong although I don't think it's David's fault. The band was heading in a new direction.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 16:50
I don't think I have ever recovered from the disappointment over Azure D'Or.  Genesis it is, a good album vs a pretty bad one
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 16:33
Not a big fan of either but Genesis just about.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 15:51
Both 4* albums, but I marginally prefer Genesis here.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 15:04
Genesis  without a doubt.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 15:04
Wind and Wuthering
----------
to meet anyone nose at nose
the walls have hearsay
he go to four feet
take the moon with the teeth
he has a good beak
the stone as roll not heap up not foam
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 14:59
The 5-star Wind & Wuthering up against the 4-star Azure d'Or...... Which album shall I vote for? I'll go with Renaissance again. Smile 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 14:18
W&W
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Ruby900 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2021 at 14:03
Another David Hentshel-flavoured poll which sees his work with Genesis and Rensaissance again going head to head. This time it sees (arguably) his second best work with both band; Azure d'Or coming up against Wind and Wuthering - but which one is best?

I am going to go this time with his Genesis number here as much as I like Azure d'Or, it just fails to shine quite so brightly!

Thoughts?

"I always say that it’s about breaking the rules. But the secret of breaking rules in a way that works is understanding what the rules are in the first place". Rick Wakeman
 Post Reply Post Reply