Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The PA Happy Birthday Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The PA Happy Birthday Thread
    Posted: January 19 2021 at 15:29
Lockdown does strange things to a chap’s mind. Although still, thankfully, having my quota of ale every evening, I do miss the pub somewhat. And not going anywhere apart from the shops and working from home full time, and staying at home the remainder, gets to one’s persona a wee bit. Turns one a bit loopy, or looking for a new thrill, no matter how small, or how sad.

So, this evening, I had an idea. Why not start a new thread, Mr Laz, I asked myself? And, verily, I replied, what a damned good idea. But make it silly. Make it fun.

Thus was born the birthday thread. Every day, or when I can be arsed, I will pick out a birthday boy or girl from the forum page at random, wish them happy birthday, and comment a little bit on them. The catch? It will be people who none of us have ever heard of. Silly, fun, but hopefully diverting nonsense.

So, first, please wish Abominog a very happy birthday. Mr Andreas Boesch is 60 today. Many happy returns, sir! Andreas has been a member here since June 2005, which makes many of us seem like slackers, but all is not as straightforward as that. For Mr Abominog actually last visited the site in May 2020, but, believe it, or not, has not posted once in all that time. Diddly Squat. Nought. f**k all. So, in addition to hoping he is having a damned good day, or as far as one can in Lockdown Germany, I make a plea. Sir! Say something! Anything! Please!

On a slightly more serious note, Tuzvihar (Bartek), a rather better known collab, is 41 today. Best wishes to a fine contributor.

More tomorrow.

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 16:40
Happy Birthday Andreas and Bartek!

(To be fair, it took me seven years before I posted in the forum. Some of us just like to lurk. If it were not for boredom overtaking me due to COVID-19 lockdowns, I’d likely still have nor posted in the forum!)

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 17:25
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Lockdown does strange things to a chap’s mind. Although still, thankfully, having my quota of ale every evening, I do miss the pub somewhat. And not going anywhere apart from the shops and working from home full time, and staying at home the remainder, gets to one’s persona a wee bit. Turns one a bit loopy, or looking for a new thrill, no matter how small, or how sad.

So, this evening, I had an idea. Why not start a new thread, Mr Laz, I asked myself? And, verily, I replied, what a damned good idea. But make it silly. Make it fun.

Thus was born the birthday thread. Every day, or when I can be arsed, I will pick out a birthday boy or girl from the forum page at random, wish them happy birthday, and comment a little bit on them. The catch? It will be people who none of us have ever heard of. Silly, fun, but hopefully diverting nonsense.

So, first, please wish Abominog a very happy birthday. Mr Andreas Boesch is 60 today. Many happy returns, sir! Andreas has been a member here since June 2005, which makes many of us seem like slackers, but all is not as straightforward as that. For Mr Abominog actually last visited the site in May 2020, but, believe it, or not, has not posted once in all that time. Diddly Squat. Nought. f**k all. So, in addition to hoping he is having a damned good day, or as far as one can in Lockdown Germany, I make a plea. Sir! Say something! Anything! Please!

On a slightly more serious note, Tuzvihar (Bartek), a rather better known collab, is 41 today. Best wishes to a fine contributor.

More tomorrow.

A fine idea my friend!! We need more of this on PA.......
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 01:11
^I most wholeheartedly agree. Great idea, and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to my daily dose! 🥰

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:06
Today’s Prog Archives birthday hero is Progrog, or otherwise known, somewhat cleverly, as Roger Dickinson.

Roger is 63 today, bless him, and hails from the UK. What part, we do not know, but with a Roger as first name, the smart money will be on a part of England.

Roger joined our beloved site in July 2006, and lasted a whole 2 years before his final visit to these shores. In that time, he managed to post once, although on what subject he gave us the benefit of his wisdom will remain unknown, given that our forum search engine is as much use as my dog.

His signature, though, was a blinder. “Smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast”. Very wise words, I am sure you will all agree, and, for my part, leads to a very large sense of disappointment he didn’t stick around for longer.

So to paraphrase The Pythons, Welease Woger. Come back, sir! We need poets such as you.

In other birthday news, today is the 64th birthday of one Guy Manning, a damned good musician, and contributor in these parts for a number of years. All the best, Guy.

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:14
Roger Dickinson - what a guy! (Clearly a Red Dwarf fan)

What a smegging shame he’s not around to see us celebrate his birthday!

progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:14
LOL Great post! And happy birthday to Roger "Smoke Me a Kipper" Dickinson and Guy Manning!
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:58
Today’s stellar hero is Hermieatuv, otherwise known to his loved ones as Herman T.

Herman hails from Bodø in Norway, so is probably enjoying himself in the cosy warmth of his Våningshus in the midst of 24 hour darkness and snowstorms.

Actually, Herman might well be a Borg, or a revolutionary. His signature reads; “Resistance is never futile - we shall rise up”. Utterly inspirational, and words which Mr Trumpalot surely must wish that he had exalted to his troops when leaving for political exile yesterday. Perhaps he did, and CNN couldn’t be bothered to report it.

Anyhoo, Herman is 28 today, and joined us in 2011 for two months. Alas, he never went to the trouble of sharing any more of his thoughts or beliefs, because he left us with zero posts. A loss to us all.

So, Gratulerer Med Dagen to you, my dear fellow. Come back. Captain 

Picard needs you! We all need you!

In other news, we have lots of Russian and Bulgarian birthdays as well today, which just goes to show the massive global reach of PA. No collabs, though, which is surely testament to a great deal of sexual slacking on the part of our parents.

GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 06:15
Thanks for the b'day greetings - much appreciated
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 12:24
Today, we wish Alles Gute Zum Guburtstag, or as Friede and Jean would no doubt say, Happy Birthday, to Lars, who is a donkey who robs a bank, apparently. This is not a surprise to some who surf the intertit, as this link makes perfectly clear; Donkey Robs Bank, Leads Police on Chase – MM Schreier It would seem that Lars is still up to his old tricks.

Lars blessed us with his presence for 5 months between 2007 and 2008 and provided us with 6 no doubt fabulous posts.

So, guten tag, Lars. Come back to the bosom of your prog family. You’re only 36, so it is clearly not too late for you.

Elsewhere in progland, the collab birthday desert continues. Quite clearly, April was a poor month for prog parent rumpy pumpy.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 12:26
Originally posted by GuyM GuyM wrote:

Thanks for the b'day greetings - much appreciated

You’re more than welcome. Hopefully, you had as much fun as a country without any bloody boozers open can provide for.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 14:00
Quite fun to read these excavated birthdays! There may be not many reactions but if there are more like me, there is a silent crowd having fun reading this. Keep them coming! Thanks!

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 14:06
I definitely look forward to each day’s post! 🤗
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 14:13
Thumbs Up
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 14:46
Thumbs UpThumbs Up (seconded)
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 14:55
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Quite fun to read these excavated birthdays! There may be not many reactions but if there are more like me, there is a silent crowd having fun reading this. Keep them coming! Thanks!

I wanted to keep it for myself for at least 229 more days, but yes, I'm one of them Approve.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 15:07
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

I wanted to keep it for myself for at least 229 more days, but yes, I'm one of them Approve.

Yep keep them coming!! its amazing how many people have come and gone through this site and its a great idea to dip in and resurrect a few charactersSmileClap

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 15:21
Thank you all. I actually am really enjoying what started off as a bit of a lighthearted gentle funny thread. It is amazing how many people have passed through our prog doors, and most of them never heard of again. But it is both fun, and interesting, to dig down a wee bit into both who they are, and, of course, who we think they are.

In addition, the mention of collabs and senior forum members is important. There are some really nice people on the site, and it is pleasant that they are recognised if only once a year.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 17:11
^Will you be my mom? Hug
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 08:34
Today, a real treat for birthday watchers. We celebrate the 41st birthday of our dear friend from Mexico, Joshuá Sosa. Josh was so enamoured of our site that he actually joined us twice, under Josh Manticore in January 2006, and then JoshManticore in August 2006, although each visit to the site ended in less than 60 seconds, and he has never been seen again.

For all you ELP fans, this is quite clearly a tragic loss. His second registration bore the signature “Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends”, and Manticore was, of course, the legendary trio’s label.

However, Josh did not end there. No. His first visit bore a signature that really left me gasping in admiration at his wisdom, and also psychic foresight, for it is a poem for the times we live in now, my friends. Consider:

“Es una especie de felicidad saber hasta qué punto podemos ser desgraciados“. This is commonly translated into “It is a kind of happiness to know how unhappy we can be”. Some might call Josh a wee bit of a sad miserable git, but not me. Powerful words are at a premium, and I get the feeling if Mr Trumpalot had seen this particular polemic, he would never have built that wall. Joshuá, send this to Sleepy Joe and the gringos quick. A job at the State Department surely beckons.

Josh was a reporter in January 2006. By the time he had grown up a wee bit in August, he had become a cannibalismo. Yes, I am afraid that does mean that he has a penchant for the smokier side of human flesh. His interests, aside from a tender bit of Vaquero rump, are music, literature, “women’s”, and sex. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, of course, although our enthusiasm might be tempered a little bit not just by the human flesh eating bit, but the fact that his final interest is “eat chi chi”, or, as it is more commonly known, prison food. Is it possible that Josh intended to share his intimate fantasies with us, but on both occasions was interrupted by the prison authorities before he could get to post anything?

And therein lies today’s lesson, my friends. We can speculate, we can come to all kinds of conclusions, but you never really know the moustache behind the keyboard on t’interweb. Thinking about it, maybe it is better that Josh hasn’t lurked for over 14 years, but we all, I know, will want to shout out Feliz Cumpleaños to our dear friend. And please make mine medium rare. Ta!

Once again, I am very sad to report no better known collab birthdays today. And there was me thinking that our parents did nothing but shag the hours away in the late 50’s and 60’s. Perhaps they were all too busy smoking that sh*t Pedro is on to be capable of anything else.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>