Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favourite Rick Wakeman Album - Part 5: 2010-2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Rick Wakeman Album - Part 5: 2010-2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which is your favourite album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [17.65%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
14 [82.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Rick Wakeman Album - Part 5: 2010-2020
    Posted: January 20 2021 at 02:13
It's The Final Countdown. Smile
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 02:49
Difficult to choose between Journey to the Centre of the Earth and Myths & Legends of King Arthur. But, Myths & Legends of King Arthur.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 03:09
Originally posted by VianaProghead VianaProghead wrote:

Difficult to choose between Journey to the Centre of the Earth and Myths & Legends of King Arthur. But, Myths & Legends of King Arthur.

I'm having an even harder time choosing between Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Myths & Legends of King Arthur, The Phantom of the Opera and The Red Planet. Smile
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 04:43
The Red Planet
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 06:28
The Red Planet (2020)
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 07:02
Myths & Legends.

Edited by Manuel - January 20 2021 at 07:02
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 08:38
Red Planet just ahead of Myths and Legends.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 09:16
The Red Planet
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 12:02
The RedPlanet
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 15:48
Never did get the 2016 version of Myths and Legends. The Red Planet is pretty dull ( where is the Rick Wakeman I love and know with endless flourishes and pyrotechnics, old age is a bummer) . No vote. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 22:29
^ If you do like the original Myths and Legends, I guess you should get this one. I like it mostly to complete the story, I have a list on my IPod with songs from both versions... the original songs I mostly like on the original version better... I think they lost a bit of character on the rerecording, even though they do sound cleaner, and some of the more "comic" sounds that used to turn me off sound better on this new version. And from the new songs, I found a few less inspired, but some others are really great and sound great along the original songs, and they complete the story in a very nice way, so that it can be easily followed now, instead of just being a collection of songs about King Arthur.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 07:55
Red Planet although I do think it is overrated ---a third of it is very good---a lot of the rest is boring. I'm in the minority here but still think he did his best and most inventive stuff with Yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply