Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: January 22 2021 at 08:55
Hello from Scotland!
I used to have an account here yonks ago, I think - back then I was listening to a lot of Pink Floyd, Marillion, Genesis and Fish. It was through Fish that I discovered Porcupine Tree and of course Steven Wilson and the rest as they say is history.

These days Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree are still on heavy rotation but I'm pretty open minded to suggestions of other things to listen to, which is why I decided to register on here again and hopefully be inspired!

Big smile
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 09:59
Welcome back! Where in Scotland are you!
All ready for Burns Night?

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 10:30
Hello lassie, welcome back.

JD trivia fact #774
My Scottish surname derives from around 600 AD and was originally something along the lines of Digrenshal.
I'd have to dig through my folks files to know what it was for sure, so, kindred spirit and all. Thumbs Up
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
IndigoStar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 01:27
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Thanks! I am in the glorious Kingdom of Fife. Absolutely ready for it, having Balmoral chicken in a whisky sauce. Willl you be celebrating?
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 01:30
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Hello lassie, welcome back.

JD trivia fact #774
My Scottish surname derives from around 600 AD and was originally something along the lines of Digrenshal.
I'd have to dig through my folks files to know what it was for sure, so, kindred spirit and all. Thumbs Up
How very cool, thank you for the warm welcome! 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 01:46
Originally posted by IndigoStar IndigoStar wrote:

Thanks! I am in the glorious Kingdom of Fife. Absolutely ready for it, having Balmoral chicken in a whisky sauce. Willl you be celebrating?

Normally, yes. Although a Kiwi, I’m from Dunedin, which is very much proud of its Scottish heritage, and “Edinburgh of the South” title. Burns Night is always celebrated in Dunedin!

Unfortunately, I have covid and feel like I’ve been run over by a steamroller. I can barely eat plain toast without feeling like I’m going to throw up. 🤮🤮🤮

Have a good one!

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 02:29

Originally posted by IndigoStar IndigoStar wrote:

Normally, yes. Although a Kiwi, I’m from Dunedin, which is very much proud of its Scottish heritage, and “Edinburgh of the South” title. Burns Night is always celebrated in Dunedin!

Unfortunately, I have covid and feel like I’ve been run over by a steamroller. I can barely eat plain toast without feeling like I’m going to throw up. 🤮🤮🤮

Have a good one!

I am so sorry to hear this and wish you the speediest of recoveries. 

I hear a lot about Dunedin and NZ in general from a friend who lives there - it looks like a fab country and I can’t wait to be able to visit there.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 17:28
There aren't many women in here; my wife Jeanine and I are two of them; we joined in 2005. Welcome from both of us.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply