Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reflection Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reflection Club
    Posted: January 31 2021 at 13:19
My friend Lutz Meinert from Berlin , whose prog bands For Your Pleasure and Margin are in the PA system, has just released a semi-tribute album, entitled "Still Thick as a Brick ". I have a copy and its quite marvellous. He did e-mail the submissions department already with his request to include. Just making sure it is in the hands of the decision makers as I wonder which genre might take it in. 
Thanks   
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 03:41
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

My friend Lutz Meinert from Berlin , whose prog bands For Your Pleasure and Margin are in the PA system, has just released a semi-tribute album, entitled "Still Thick as a Brick ". I have a copy and its quite marvellous. He did e-mail the submissions department already with his request to include. Just making sure it is in the hands of the decision makers as I wonder which genre might take it in
Thanks   

actually that would be your try, according to the submission rules Wink
Lutz has forwarded two rather short songs, unfortunately not really sufficient for the evaluation process ...

Edited by Rivertree - February 01 2021 at 03:42

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 06:32
The album isn't officially released until March 3rd 2021. See https://madvedge.de/index.php/ReflectionClub_en.html for biography and https://madvedge.de/index.php/discography.html for full details of the album (track listing, timings, musician credits etc).

Four-minute album sampler on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brw64vO06uc.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 22:47
PROG-FOLK I GUESS . Well, it is a very obvious tribute to Jethro TULL by offering an original follow-up concept without using already existing material but newly composed material based on the same Thick as a Brick mold. The story is slightly different , the music as well but very much in the style of JT. The vocals are eerily similar to Anderson's , there is a lot of flute, crunchy guitars. nothing really odd , so i presume it should be in the same genre as was Thick as a Brick. As for as taking charge, i am not a team member so it has to go through the proper channels. I know Lutz is communicating with the submission team. If i can help, please let me know 

Edited by tszirmay - February 01 2021 at 22:48
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 12:19
and done!

Post Reply Post Reply