Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Links to music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Links to music
    Posted: February 01 2021 at 15:04
Hi all.

In order for me to make a decent new artist suggestion to the site, could one of you clever digital people tell me in simpleton terms how I can embed a link from my iTunes library to the site so the team can listen to the artist?

Ta much!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 03:09
You can insert a hyperlink using the Insert Hyperlink button - whether that would work I have no idea. 
Do you really want a load of people playing stuff from your iTunes library?

Also a new band suggestion is going to need some kind of online presence - BandCamp, YouTube etc. Can't you just link to them?

Edited by chopper - February 02 2021 at 03:10
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 21:00
Steve, the way that samples were shared to our evaluation teams when I was on the Crossover team was to create a single file (.zip) archive of all the songs on an album stored on your computer using a free program such as 7-Zip (or BetterZip if you use a Mac), which is then uploaded to a file sharing site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer and the link to download the file from there is given to the leading collaborator of the relevant team via private message, or shared via the team thread in the hidden-from-public collab zone. If you use WeTransfer, you can specify an email address to which the uploaded .zip file is then sent if you don't want to share the download link here on PA. Dropbox is probably the same, but I'm not entirely sure. Both services are free to use for small files such as an archived music album (you ideally need to register with them first, though there is the option of verifying ownership of your email address via a six-digit code with WeTransfer if you'd rather send an email transfer without registering an account). Both Windows and Mac computers have a basic inbuilt archiving and extracting tool which is perfectly usable for the purpose of creating or unpacking a .zip archive if you'd rather not download a third party application.

Hope that helps.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 11:43
Thank you both. Really helpful, so I will work on this at the weekend. The artist in question is a birthday thread star, and really belongs as an artist on the site.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply