Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A cross between Drama and 90125?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A cross between Drama and 90125?
    Posted: February 03 2021 at 21:13
I was thinking about this the other day. I was wondering what would it sound like if there was an album that was released by Yes or Yes related members in between Drama and 90125. Yes, I know 90125 was built from the ground up by former members of Yes and not intended originally to be Yes but for the sake of argument let's pretend there was an unreleased album that had the lineup of say Downes, Rabin, Anderson, Squire and White. So what I'm wondering is what actual albums sound like they would qualify for this? Moving Pictures by Rush? Nah, not really. An album by Saga maybe. What do you guys come up with?
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:14
It'd probably be a b*****d love child album that everyone skips LOL.

For real, I have no idea. I love Drama and enjoy 90125 so I'm probably the wrong one to ask.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:35
Both those albums are pretty sweet, so an amalgamation of the two would be ay-ok around here
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 02:24
Drama is one of my favourite Yes albums, and 90125 one of my least favourite. I’m struggling to imagine how a combination of the two might sound. 😳🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 04:06
Owner of a Lonely Heart was the song that introduced me to the music of YES, and 90125 was the only YES studio album I ever Owned on vinyl, so it has a special place in my Lonely Heart. Heart

As for the Drama album, Does It Really Happen that an album can completely pass you by at the time of its release? Yes, It Can Happen. Smile
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 05:06
Ever I missing the point of the question or I’m in the twilight zone now... woot woot woot it’s to mind boggling to even think about it. Ouch! My 🧠 is on 💥‼️It’s time for me to exit the post...
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 06:04
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Ever I missing the point of the question or I’m in the twilight zone now... woot woot woot it’s to mind boggling to even think about it. Ouch! My 🧠 is on 💥‼️It’s time for me to exit the post...
Must be the effect of the Covid lockdown.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 07:18
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Must be the effect of the Covid lockdown.

If you're referring to my original inquiry, no I always think of crazy crap like this(even before the lockdown).Wink TongueLOL

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 04 2021 at 07:20
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 07:27
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 07:40
I think the short answer is if Trevor Rabin is involved it would sound a lot like 90125 unless they agreed to split up the song writing. That's know a knock on him, but from what I heard he's a bit of a control freak.   
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 07:56
Isn't that kind of what Fly From Here is?  
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 09:55
I wouldn't say it would sound like this, but a good parallel might be Genesis' Abacab album. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 10:35
Drama + 90125 = Asia
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 13:02
Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

Drama + 90125 = Asia

Not quite. LOL I knew someone was going to mention Asia though.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 14:03
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I was thinking about this the other day. I was wondering what would it sound like if there was an album that was released by Yes or Yes related members in between Drama and 90125. Yes, I know 90125 was built from the ground up by former members of Yes and not intended originally to be Yes but for the sake of argument let's pretend there was an unreleased album that had the lineup of say Downes, Rabin, Anderson, Squire and White. So what I'm wondering is what actual albums sound like they would qualify for this? Moving Pictures by Rush? Nah, not really. An album by Saga maybe. What do you guys come up with?

It happened, and it's a great album.

A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 14:04
I find both good as they are.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 14:39
A lot of DRAMA for a thread about a band with such a positive name..YES?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 14:40
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

A lot of DRAMA for a thread about a band with such a positive name..YES?

LOL

Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 15:47
Yes - Howe + the Buggles = Cinema; Cinema + Howe - (Squire + Anderson) + (corporate arena rock ethics) = Asia

Edited by Intruder - February 04 2021 at 16:12
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 16:02
It might've been Union-ish .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>