Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fontanelle for Jazz rock/ fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fontanelle for Jazz rock/ fusion
    Posted: February 07 2021 at 13:56
Fontanelle is a band who are very jazz influenced with other elements in their music such as experimental, funk and maybe a bit of post rock. They are from Portland Oregon and have three full length albums and one ep. Their last album is from 2012 and is called Vitamin F. Fans of classic 70's fusion might find much to enjoy here. I find it hard to categorize them based on what I've heard so far but over all I would definitely say Jazz rock/fusion is probably the best category for them. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 08 2021 at 19:22
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 14:24
I'm not sure why these links aren't working. If you copy them then click "go to" they work fine.
scaramousche View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramousche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 14:46
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I'm not sure why these links aren't working. If you copy them then click "go to" they work fine.

I think it is because you seem to have wrapped all 3 links into a single URL tag instead of formatting them one by one. Hover the mouse cursor over the links and look at the URL indicator at the bottom of the browser, you'll see that they all point to one unresolvable 3-URL monstrosity Geek
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 14:48
https://fontanellesl.bandcamp.com/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjfsMfPwBYkhttps://www.discogs.com/artist/59895-Fontanelle

Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 15:26
Good suggestion. Their predecessor band Jessamine took a more psychedelic/space rock approach and also deserve to be on PA.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 19:23
Originally posted by scaramousche scaramousche wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I think it is because you seem to have wrapped all 3 links into a single URL tag instead of formatting them one by one. Hover the mouse cursor over the links and look at the URL indicator at the bottom of the browser, you'll see that they all point to one unresolvable 3-URL monstrosity Geek

You are right. I just did it over again and added the hyperlinks one by one this time. Thanks.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 08 2021 at 19:24
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2021 at 03:05
Any news on these guys? (I guess JR/F evaluations take place outside Progfreak)
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2021 at 09:36
yep, albums are very much Herbie Hancock and Miles Davis inspired, especially the fantastic Vitamin F

forwarded to the team

Post Reply Post Reply