Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who Framed Roger Rabbit - A movie i havent seen
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - A movie i havent seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: How would you rate it between 1 to 5 stars
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [6.67%]
9 [60.00%]
5 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Framed Roger Rabbit - A movie i havent seen
    Posted: February 16 2021 at 09:13
This is a movie that I shamfully as it seems have not seen yet. It is hailed as one of the cornerstones of animation and comedy. It is mentioned as "a one lf a kind movie" yet i have not been able to see it. It is rarely if ever been shown on linnear TV in Norway as far as i remember (I wont download Disney+ either as i bet its ther now). But it is probably highest on the toodo list if ever it happens to be on linnear tv or i got the chance to vissit someone whom have Disney+.

So where does you place it, or if you aint rating it, whats your storry and reaction to thar historic achievment as a movie.

Edited by Icarium - February 16 2021 at 10:08
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 09:31
I'll give it a 4.5 out of 5.

I really like Bob Hoskins a lot. Saw the movie "Mona Lisa" when I was in London in 1986 and hardly understood a word he said for the first half hour because of the extreme Cockney accent he has in the movie. After that half hour I was used to it though and had no problem understanding the rest.

Edited by BaldFriede - February 16 2021 at 09:53

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 09:39
Excellent movie, very clever use of animation and live production. Many of the lines are laugh out loud funny. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 09:43
It's been a while but I remember it being pretty good. Gets points for having an original concept. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 10:20
A solid 4. Lots of 'cartoon' humour and Bob Hoskins and Joanna Cassidy are great.

Something that many don't realise,  the Former Screamer and Chief made a cameo in the movie.

Edited by JD - February 16 2021 at 10:21
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 12:25
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" gets a 5 (a 6 if it was available).  It gets a 5 not just because it was a good movie but also a movie of which its likes we probably will never see again.  You probably won't see a movie like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" again because all the animation in the movie was ALL done by hand.  Not CGI.  In addition to being done by hand, all the animation was created AFTER the live action movie had been recorded.  Imagine the movie and seeing the real actors acting.  They were basically talking to thin air.  "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" was nominated for 7 Academy Awards and won 4.  All for sound and video editing.

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 13:02
Not seen it for a while but it's a good film, very clever for its time. A friend of mine has his name in the credits as he worked on the animation.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 13:44
I think I saw it when i was a teen, can't say i remember anything. Don't know if i should give it another watch. Confused

Edited by Cristi - March 08 2021 at 07:13
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 14:46
Hi,

It's a great film. and a lot of fun to watch and enjoy ... one small issue though ....

IF you are a cartoon fan, and have seen an untold number of them over the years (before most of them were taken off regular TV -- specially Disney!) the film has one extra bit in there that is really hard to not appreciate and enjoy ... there are lines from other shows, and jokes on many of the lines from other shows, and of course, the cameos are endless ... and in some ways, this is all too much, as a lot of moments go over your head and mine sometimes,  but in the end, it makes for a really far out evening, and best enjoyed on a large screen ... something that is probably not gonna happen again.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 14:49
Ooooh, my primary school years. I enjoyed it a lot, and I vividly remember some of its scenes still.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 14:50
Amazing movie with incredible animation.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 15:22
A solid 4. It's worth seeing.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 23:15
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 06:08
Loved the opening cartoon. Well worth checking out...
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 07:38
I vote "A movie I haven't seen", as I'm too old for cartoons. Smile
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 11:08
One is never too old for cartoons, my friend!
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 12:12
It was ok...but I am not much of a fan of cartoon or animation stuff.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 13:03
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I vote "A movie I haven't seen", as I'm too old for cartoons. Smile

Hi,

[Bugs Bunny] ... what a fooh ... he needs more cawots for bwekfast!! [/quote]

If this is true, it really is one of the best cartoon films EVER made ... it even outdistances, FANTASIA and ALLEGRO NON TROPPO.

As I mentioned before, the only hard part is that 90% of the dialogue (probably exaggerated!) is based on lines from a lot of other cartoons in history going back some 50 to 60 years, when it came out! And sometimes that is a bit tough, because you don't get the joke ... but it's still crazy fun and then some!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 15:22
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I vote "A movie I haven't seen", as I'm too old for cartoonsSmile
First, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is not a cartoon.  Imo it is a live action movie heavily augmented with animated characters (the animated characters just happen to resemble famous cartoon characters of mostly the 50s, 60s and 70s).  Second, I'm 66 and I think some of the best movies of the last 20 years were 'cartoons'.  For example WALL-E, The Incredibles, Cars and (my personal favorites) the Kung Fu Panda series.  Some of the animation in these movie is truly amazing. To each his\her own but if you haven't seen any of these you should give them a try.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 16:18
I never saw it either. I like the idea of animated and real life together though and in fact I own the space jam movie. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>