Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Add Videos Function Failing on Multiple Browsers!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add Videos Function Failing on Multiple Browsers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add Videos Function Failing on Multiple Browsers!
    Posted: February 23 2021 at 04:53
I cannot add youtube videos to artist pages from the following browsers: Chrome / Edge / Opera / Firefox.  I keep getting an error saying "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006' Overflow: 'Cint' /PostAddMedia.asp, line 31" on every browser.

I'm following the instructions properly, adding the youtube url and waiting for it to bring up the thumbnail, title, and description.  Once I click "submit" I get a crash every time with all 4 browsers and with the error message as above.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 04:59

works fine. Tongue
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 05:03

Strange, works ok for me (in Edge). Can you post the exact steps you're taking - are you doing "insert movie"?

Edited by chopper - February 23 2021 at 05:04
DarboRanlyd View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 05:23
Sure here's exactly what I'm doing:

Step 1: I power on my computer
Step 2: I open my web browser
Step 3: I go to http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8766
Step 4: I scroll down
Step 5: I click "Search and add more videos to BRADY ARNOLD"
Step 6: I enter the following video url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bv1Hbs7VdI" in the field "Enter YouTube Video URL here : YouTube URL :"
Step 7: I press the button that says "Load Video Information"
Step 8: I let all the info load including title, description, duration, and thumbnail.
Step 9: I click the button that says "Submit / Add this video"
Step 10: I watch as the screen goes white with text that says "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006' Overflow: 'Cint' /PostAddMedia.asp, line 31"
Step 11: I repeat on every browser (chrome / firefox / edge / opera) and get the same failure result.

Is there possibly a different way to add videos?

Thanks
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 05:27
just click the "insert movie emoticon" and add your link in the "YouTube File Name". 
Sometimes for me at least it may not work in the first try but when i repeat it,  it does. 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 05:32
I'm sorry, I don't see what you're talking about.  Is this something that requires special collaborator privileges?  I'm just a poor artist trying to add videos to his page.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 05:36
Just to be clear I do not have privileges to edit artists (including my own page), or albums.  Therefore I'm not sure we are even looking at the same version of the site.  I do not see any place on the site where I can use this "insert movie emoticon" function.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 05:46
Originally posted by DarboRanlyd DarboRanlyd wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't see what you're talking about.  Is this something that requires special collaborator privileges?  I'm just a poor artist trying to add videos to his page.

click the "arrow" symbol and all options will open. 
Everyone can do that, from newbies to collabs. Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 06:03
Thanks, but it sounds like you are talking about posting videos onto forums.  I'm trying to post videos to an artist page.  Does it work the same way?   

I can teach myself 3d modeling and earn national television spots as a result but I can't even figure this site out.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 06:09
oh, that I've never did, but first log in the PA main page, this way you can rate, write reviews and possibly add videos. I've never did it. Give me a few minutes to look into it. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 06:44
Originally posted by DarboRanlyd DarboRanlyd wrote:

Sure here's exactly what I'm doing:

Step 1: I power on my computer
Step 2: I open my web browser
Step 3: I go to http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8766
Step 4: I scroll down
Step 5: I click "Search and add more videos to BRADY ARNOLD"
Step 6: I enter the following video url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bv1Hbs7VdI" in the field "Enter YouTube Video URL here : YouTube URL :"
Step 7: I press the button that says "Load Video Information"
Step 8: I let all the info load including title, description, duration, and thumbnail.
Step 9: I click the button that says "Submit / Add this video"
Step 10: I watch as the screen goes white with text that says "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006' Overflow: 'Cint' /PostAddMedia.asp, line 31"
Step 11: I repeat on every browser (chrome / firefox / edge / opera) and get the same failure result.

Is there possibly a different way to add videos?

Thanks
Weirder and weirder, I've just done all that and it worked fine (so I've now added the video you were trying to add). Did you log in to the forum before adding the video?

Edited by chopper - February 23 2021 at 06:45
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 06:47
oh, that I've never did, but first log in the PA main page, this way you can rate, write reviews and possibly add videos. I've never did it. Give me a few minutes to look into it. 

edit: once logged in the main page, go to the band page and look for the "search and add videos" and click the link. Once you do that it's just fill in. Smile Follow the instruction. Big smile
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 07:28
It seems "Add video" function for quite a long time doesn't work for many PA users (probably for newbies, but I don't know for sure).

Please post links to artist pages and YouTube videos you'd like to add in this thread. Our team or Admins can help in most cases.

Please keep in mind that only 3 recent videos are shown on PA main page. If we add many videos at once nobody notices them, so my advice is to add 1-2 videos, wait until they disappear from PA main page, then add 1-2 next videos etc.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 13:54
OK, thanks all for the help!
-Brady
 Post Reply Post Reply