Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random Shuffle Run-off Jan. and Feb. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Choose your favorite from the winners of Random Shuffles for Jan & Feb
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [45.71%]
8 [22.86%]
1 [2.86%]
5 [14.29%]
3 [8.57%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Shuffle Run-off Jan. and Feb. 2021
    Posted: February 28 2021 at 15:44
For the first two months of 2021, I posted eight Totally Random!/Random Shuffle polls.  I think they are still open, but as of today (Feb 28) the listed tracks are the ones that got the most votes for each poll, (with the poll date)

I'm not posting audio/video for any of them here, but if you're interested, here are the links to each poll (with audio/video)

Edited by zwordser - February 28 2021 at 16:17
Z
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 15:55
Gotta go with Riverside, but Camel is a shave-close second.
Z
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 16:23
Tough call between NH and Camel. 

The latter today. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 16:43
Riverside.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 17:27
National health.
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 18:51
First Light by Camel.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 19:03
First Light.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 00:10

First Light - Camel
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 00:29
Camel 
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 00:33
Camel, even though it's the only song I know in the poll. Embarrassed
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 00:38
Camel.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 02:17
Banco by a loooooooooong way!

I wonder how many of the Camel voters have heard the Banco track? Not that I’m suggesting that is why they’ve voted for Camel, and not Banco. Just that if if someone likes one, there’s a reasonable chance they may well like the other two. Polls like this are a great way of exploring music, but as some people make clear by the response they post, they vote for what they know, without giving a chance to that which they do not. (No judgement here, as everybody chooses to listen to and explore music in their own way, and the only “right” way is the one that works best for you!)

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 02:21
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

I wonder how many of the Camel voters have heard the Banco track? Not that I’m suggesting that is why they’ve voted for Camel, and not Banco. Just that if if someone likes one, there’s a reasonable chance they may well like the other two. Polls like this are a great way of exploring music, but as some people make clear by the response they post, they vote for what they know, without giving a chance to that which they do not. (No judgement here, as everybody chooses to listen to and explore music in their own way, and the only “right” way is the one that works best for you!)

Banco is great.
Still voted for Camel. I love classic Camel more. Smile
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 02:39
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Banco is great.

Oh, I was not directing that at you. Don’t worry! There are people I know are aware of all the options, or who listen to them if they are not. It’s those who just come to any poll, look at the options, dismiss all they’re not familiar with, and give the vote to one of only a couple they know.

I love Camel, but I love Banco more! 😄

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 02:43

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Banco is great.

Oh, I was not directing that at you. Don’t worry! There are people I know are aware of all the options, or who listen to them if they are not. It’s those who just come to any poll, look at the options, dismiss all they’re not familiar with, and give the vote to one of only a couple they know.

I know it was not directed at me, just acknowledged that Banco is a great band, their 70s work is very worthy, must listen prog. 
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 03:03

Hey, you took my line ! Wink

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 11:47
Camel, then RRUUSSHH
Welcome to the middle of the film.
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 12:41

"...exploring music" is a big part of why post these polls (and listen randomly myself).  I think you're right that people tend to vote for what they know--I don't necessarily have a problem with that; people are free to vote for whatever's there.

BUT, early last year, I reduced the number of choices to 5 (from 10) and started posting audio/video for all choices so that people at least have the chance to listen if they haven't heard a track--a situation that is bound to happen due to the nature of the poll: anything in a shuffle can come up (bound only by what's in my collection).  And, (dark admission)Shocked, a couple of times tracks came up in the shuffle(s) that I dis-included because I couldn't find an online source. I usually just skipped to the next track.

Edited by zwordser - March 01 2021 at 12:43
Z
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 14:20
TFK - Badbeats
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 14:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>