Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monolith for Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neo-Romantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monolith for Tech/Extreme Prog Metal
    Posted: March 02 2021 at 20:12
Monolith is a Symphonic Progressive Death Metal band from Toronto, Canada. According to Encyclopaedia Metallum, Monolith formed in 2009 and currently have released three studio albums: Monolith (2010), Voyager (2013), and Nexus (2016). They also have released an orchestral suite of Nexus in 2017. Their sound can be described as a blending of progressive metal, melodic death metal, and metalcore musical styles. In addition to the conventional metal band instrumentation, Monolith incorporates orchestral and techno elements, creating much contrast and variety within their sound palette. They balance these diverse performing forces throughout their albums, which are conceptual and inspired by their Christian faith. Through expertly balancing memorable melodies, unique harmonies, intriguing rhythmic variety, technically proficient playing, and diverse instrumentation, Monolith displays great progressive prowess and is a worthy addition to any progressive metal fan's library.

Bandcamp page: Monolith

Reference article: Encyclopaedia Metallum

Edited by Neo-Romantic - March 02 2021 at 20:36
May God bless you all in Jesus' name. No matter who you are, you're special, you're loved, and you matter.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2021 at 18:18
Forwarded and under review by the Progressive Metal team

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 10:27
Sorry but Monolith was rejected by the PM team.

Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neo-Romantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2021 at 00:32
That's okay, no problem

If it wouldn't be inconvenient, would it be possible to know why they weren't accepted? I definitely respect the decision, I'm just curious.
May God bless you all in Jesus' name. No matter who you are, you're special, you're loved, and you matter.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2021 at 07:57
It was a unanimous vote that they weren't progressive enough to be included.  Symphonic metal yes, but not progressive enough at this time.  

Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Neo-Romantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2021 at 17:40
Thank you for clarifying After thinking about it, I actually can see what you mean.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond! I had thought of a few other bands not yet in PA I wanted to recommend, so it's good for me to know why this band didn't make it before I recommend the others. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply