Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brotherhood of the Machine - disbanded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brotherhood of the Machine - disbanded
    Posted: March 11 2021 at 06:25
Hi folks, just to mention that Brotherhood of the Machine has been disbanded. The project turned into me doing everything, which got a bit stale. 

However. When I've finished off my home studio, a new space rock / psychedelic music project is starting - "The Invisible Sex Gnomes of Kyrgyzstan", which will involve a number of floating musicians playing instruments to a higher standard than I can. Watch this outer space. ;-)

https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/

Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 06:28
At the moment, work is started on a new album titled "Magneto Ergo Sum". 

Here's the prototype album art. I'm restricting myself to playing sax, flute and analogue synths for this one. 

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2021 at 11:37
I hope it won't prevent you from creating new stuff alone. Great album art. Who painted it?
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2021 at 11:17
Hi Octopus-4 ! 

It's an old advert from the 1940's which I hand colourised and then processed using Deep Dream Generator. Glad you like it. ;-)

For a band name, I'm torn between "The Invisible Sex Gnomes of Kyrgyzstan" and "The Fish-men of the Planet Cucumbrex". Better put it to a band vote. ;-)

We have two bassists, a guitarist, sax and synth player, another synth player, me doing percussion etc etc etc. ;-)

Edited by Davesax1965 - March 14 2021 at 11:20

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2021 at 11:18
Yaaaay, I have more than two square feet to record in now. ;-)

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2021 at 12:19

When I had a band, one name I was thinking of was "Invaders from Uranus". Should you like it, I'd be honoured to have it used by you.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2021 at 22:42
Hi,

Dave ... I was thinking that you don't need a band name ... just be DAVE ... you're strong enough to make it work, and if someone else can give you a bump and help ... so be it, and thanks so much ... but in all honesty ... I can only think of DAVE.

In some ways, the titles of things often lead me astray ... thinking of something else ... and this is the main reason why ALL OF MY POETRY does not have "titles" ... they all go by the first line! Somehow, for me, the intent of the "moment in time" changes when I have to adhere to a "title" ... and I am too much of an experimentalist and love the freedom of the wording by the feel ... (tomorrow it will be different more than likely!) ... but the poems have a life of their own ... and I can't change that ... tomorrow it will end up being a completely different poem. 

I know that last thought is hell for musicians, but it's meant in a good way ... once you learn what it takes to color the "moments" when they are there, you can come back to it time and again, and the only "changes" you will make are somewhat cosmetic and minor from an audience point of view ... and that's how I write!

BTW, very nice picture of you in the studio with the Sax.

Edited by moshkito - March 20 2021 at 22:49
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 03:09
I second this. If it has to be a nick, Davesax is goid enough, imo.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 10:24
Thanks for the thought, gents, but "Dave" is someone you meet in the pub who offers to sell you a dodgy second hand car. ;-) 

Or so I've heard. ;-) 

To be honest, I get a lot of pleasure in playing with other musicians, I'm not interested in the money (good job too ! ) and it's always nice to get nice comments about my cacophony. Too old, fat and bald to be a rock star, anyway. 

The project is on hold at the moment due to tech problems setting up the recording environment. Spent almost five evenings solidly cursing a mixer which will just *not* connect up to a PC, so it's "throw money at it" time. But it'll eventually happen. 

Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 11:17
Being a rockstar is highly overrated.  Do what you love with music, because you love it.  Looking forward to hearing your new project.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 12:50
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

Thanks for the thought, gents, but "Dave" is someone you meet in the pub who offers to sell you a dodgy second hand car. ;-) 

LOL

And there's already a rapper called Dave.

tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 13:18
I really enjoyed listening to BofM on Bandcamp for quite a while, esp your debut album Future Imperfect, and the amazing track Samarkand Suite. I am sure your new projects will be just a great! 
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
 Post Reply Post Reply