Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you feeling lately?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are you feeling lately?
    Posted: March 11 2021 at 17:37
I'm sure we have all noticed the changing of the seasons, I look forward to the spring and summer.
However at the moment I am feeling a little isolated and down, so I wanted to reach out.
I just thought I would post here and ask everyone how they're doing/feeling lately?
I'm really grateful we have this platform to connect with awesome music and other people!
Its twilight here in New Orleans, and an oddly quiet night.
I hope everyone is doing well

Much love
~A tired mind become a shapeshifter
Everybody need a mood lifter
Everybody need reverse polarity
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 18:02
It's a good news bad news situation.
Oh, and thanks for asking by the way.

Good - Half the snow in my backyard melted away today
Bad - As it always does, it's found its way into the basement, thank god for the ShopVac.

Good - Starting to get some work
Bad - Doesn't nearly make up for what I lost at the time.

Good - It looks like the Orangeville Blues and Jazz festival might get to do an event this year (I'm the Main Stage Manager)
Bad - It's going to have to be a drive-in event with only about 150 cars allowed in.

Good - Dax (my pup) is really liking the spring weather and the sunshine
Bad - (See comment 2 above) melting snow + active two year old retriever = a real mess

Hope that sheds some light on this part of the world.

Whose Next?

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 18:06
Hi Willo!

I'm doing OK. I prefer winter always, but can adapt to hot weather too. The best is actually experiencing weather changes. 

The COVID-19 era has not been very problematic for me. I was already used to living in solitude for months, this only has lasted longer and will last longer. I chose not to socialize, but talk to some people here and there. So, I wouldn't call my situation a maddening isolation.

Take care...
WilloStardust View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 05:18
You rock. Having a dog would be such a dream. I live in a school bus so I'd have to have a tiny dog I think, who doesn't shed too much. Thanks for the reply! Its morning now. I'm just waking up. I finally got sleep. I start to get really disassociated and sad when I don't sleep right for a few days.
I hope the festival is an actual thing. I would go to the drive in festival if I lived nearby for sure.
Today I hope to be really productive with my paintings and to keep the house clean and eat healthy.
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 05:30
Hey there, yes it's not so much the isolation of covid itself, but the isolation I've experienced by literally losing everything, and having to learn to adapt.

Does that make sense? I'm just now getting back into the groove with trying to sell art and make money. I never feel right trying to socialize out in the real world when I'm too concerned about how im going to pay my phone bill, etc.
It can be really isolating when those things are on your plate and others around you aren't concerned about it as much.

I had a beer again for the first time since November (counter-productive).
Things are smoothing out though. Staying relatively sober, Putting personal stability and self-directed accomplishment first in life can be kinda isolating, ya know?
To have to be serious when others are comfortable and relaxed. One blunder would hurt me a lot more than most people, I feel. So I always have to stay focused on what I am trying to do (which isnt even anything unreasonable I just want more stability)
I'm glad I have you nerds to talk to. Emotional support on the prog rock board, how wonderful!

I hope we can keep this thread going and more people come in to share how things have been in their corner of the world.
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 05:31
Really really well lately,

I've fixed my sleep schedule after a good 2 weeks of what can be described as near insomnia, and now i'm pretty much the CEO of sleep. It's truly absurd, I can pretty much sleep on command. But besides that, as others have mentioned the warmer weather means i'm getting out more which is something I realized that I really don't do enough and the mental health benefits are very real.

Yesterday I turned 20 and got accepted to both my top schools for their music education programs (piano is my main instrument). Months and months of hard work paid off and in the fall I get to really dive head first into a serious music program and live with one of my best buddies whose also a big prog head. I've just been feeling very happy all day, and what else can ya ask for?
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 06:13
I'm feeling exhausted and I'm missing friends. I've been back on happy pills for the last 6 months, but generally I would say I'm doing ok. I am grateful for what I have, which is currently more than so many people.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 08:03
Mentally - fine. I still see my friends, and my family and dog keep me busy. I'm generally grumpy but nothing wrong with that. After all it was Disney's best character ever. Right?

Physically, fair to poor. I'm sixty. Summer of 2019 I had major surgery. Have to exercise daily to lessen the back pain from said surgery. Cholesterol is too high, even with medicine, and I have urological problems. Sucks to get old, but it could be worse, aye?

Music is the best and keeps me grounded. I am always searching for current bands, new to me, to brighten my day. Don't like to listen to the same music on repeat. Same for good brews. Currently expanding my palate from craft beer to Scotch and Irish Whiskeys. Life is still good!
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 10:34
I've been worse, but in the last few years, I've come to despise anything but freezing winter, since I sleep better when my house is freezing at 50 F (even colder in my room where I block the vents, and use a space heater in the living room to avoid using the furnace). My last summer was the best, but that was only because of my weekend LSD trips.

Having a migraine for the second day in a row is awful, but unlike yesterday (when I had been up since 3:30am) I'm not going to use my migraine pills. I've had them for 6 years (last time I saw a doctor) and have no plans to see a doctor or even leave my house (I do love having groceries delivered).

I miss the soul nutrition I would occasionally receive from seeing a great movie, but I've seen thousands, and although I still have over a thousand on my watch-list, whatever I try is not good enough, and I turn it off within 5 minutes. I know I lack the energy, but when a movie does grab me, I'm in. I go through this every single day, and I can only remember seeing one good movie this entire year (The Visitors; Kazan). It's also been a while since I've heard a great song for the first time. I love to laugh, but when it comes to stand-up comedy, I'm more pickier, or at least my laughing sensibilities are.

Physically, I've never been worse. Every part of my body hurts. The pandemic hasn't change my life much, but I'm still worried about getting it, because if I'm sick, there's no one here to make me chicken noodle soup - I'm on my own.

I've come to realize the things I can or cannot control, so sometimes I'm only able to imagine, maybe as some kind of mechanism, or something to kill time. I'm in my 30s, but know people twice my age who are doing fine. I think my kind of lifestyle is only meant for 25-30 years, and so most of my days are spent in agony, and I don't just get used to it after years and years.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 10:58
^ Man, there was a new plot twist every sentence in that post. That was truly a wild ride.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 11:57
Very good. Thanks.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 11:59
I am both tickety and boo, thank you.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2021 at 08:58
Originally posted by WilloStardust WilloStardust wrote:

I'm sure we have all noticed the changing of the seasons, I look forward to the spring and summer.
However at the moment I am feeling a little isolated and down, so I wanted to reach out.
I just thought I would post here and ask everyone how they're doing/feeling lately?
I'm really grateful we have this platform to connect with awesome music and other people!
Its twilight here in New Orleans, and an oddly quiet night.
I hope everyone is doing well

Much love

Ahhh Nawlins', I miss it there. My wife is a Cajun Coon A$$ (she does not care if that is PC or not!! LOL). I went to UNO, met her in HS there, yes married my HS sweetheart best thing I ever did! We have family and friends in New Orleans and this world we live in now is keeping us from visiting right now. We've missed a couple weddings and a funeral and of course Mardi Gras........We are scheduled to go back next year for Elton John concert.
The feelings of isolation for sure come and go for the most part I am feeling really well. Now that I work from home and no gyms to go to I walk every morning 2.5-3 miles and have lost probably 25lbs but also cut back on sugar intake, did not realize how huge that is. I was not severely overweight but feel so much better with 25 lbs off me bones!
I too am grateful for all that I have and have experienced so far in my life, I find that material things are really material things.........except for my records, don't touch my records!!!! Angry LOL

Laissez les bon temps rouler!
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 07:04
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I'm feeling exhausted and I'm missing friends. I've been back on happy pills for the last 6 months, but generally I would say I'm doing ok. I am grateful for what I have, which is currently more than so many people.

Hey sorry for the late ass reply everyone. I am still around. I wanted to say that I'm glad you found the right balance of medication that works for you. I was never able to adjust recently to Zoloft and it was a tough experience but I've been managing really well since my trip to the psych ward. I wanna reply somewhat individually to everyone. Gratitude is a key for me to staying healthy for sure.
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 07:06
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Hi Willo!

I'm doing OK. I prefer winter always, but can adapt to hot weather too. The best is actually experiencing weather changes. 

The COVID-19 era has not been very problematic for me. I was already used to living in solitude for months, this only has lasted longer and will last longer. I chose not to socialize, but talk to some people here and there. So, I wouldn't call my situation a maddening isolation.

Take care...

I'm glad you chose to talk to us here! Winter is also enjoyable for me, but I have to say fall is my favorite. I've been feeling a little better lately and more occupied so, less lonely.
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 07:13
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Really really well lately,

I've fixed my sleep schedule after a good 2 weeks of what can be described as near insomnia, and now i'm pretty much the CEO of sleep. It's truly absurd, I can pretty much sleep on command. But besides that, as others have mentioned the warmer weather means i'm getting out more which is something I realized that I really don't do enough and the mental health benefits are very real.

Yesterday I turned 20 and got accepted to both my top schools for their music education programs (piano is my main instrument). Months and months of hard work paid off and in the fall I get to really dive head first into a serious music program and live with one of my best buddies whose also a big prog head. I've just been feeling very happy all day, and what else can ya ask for?

Sleeping is so hard for me to deal with. I'm either oversleeping or I'm sleep deprived. I'm so glad you got accepted into schools for the programs! It's great that you are just 20 and involved in getting things done like that for yourself. Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast being roommates too. I love having friends that are into prog and nerdy stuff because I dont have to hold back and can just be myself. It's good to have that support while managing a professional life too.cheers
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 07:37
Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

I've been worse, but in the last few years, I've come to despise anything but freezing winter, since I sleep better when my house is freezing at 50 F (even colder in my room where I block the vents, and use a space heater in the living room to avoid using the furnace). My last summer was the best, but that was only because of my weekend LSD trips.

Having a migraine for the second day in a row is awful, but unlike yesterday (when I had been up since 3:30am) I'm not going to use my migraine pills. I've had them for 6 years (last time I saw a doctor) and have no plans to see a doctor or even leave my house (I do love having groceries delivered).

I miss the soul nutrition I would occasionally receive from seeing a great movie, but I've seen thousands, and although I still have over a thousand on my watch-list, whatever I try is not good enough, and I turn it off within 5 minutes. I know I lack the energy, but when a movie does grab me, I'm in. I go through this every single day, and I can only remember seeing one good movie this entire year (The Visitors; Kazan). It's also been a while since I've heard a great song for the first time. I love to laugh, but when it comes to stand-up comedy, I'm more pickier, or at least my laughing sensibilities are.

Physically, I've never been worse. Every part of my body hurts. The pandemic hasn't change my life much, but I'm still worried about getting it, because if I'm sick, there's no one here to make me chicken noodle soup - I'm on my own.

I've come to realize the things I can or cannot control, so sometimes I'm only able to imagine, maybe as some kind of mechanism, or something to kill time. I'm in my 30s, but know people twice my age who are doing fine. I think my kind of lifestyle is only meant for 25-30 years, and so most of my days are spent in agony, and I don't just get used to it after years and years.

Dude,
I would make you soup if I could. I don't think that there's anything wrong with wanting to live a really wild or active lifestyle. But you got to be realistic. I've suffered with this myself for a while. Like for instance, I smoke weed to help me feel normal. Pretty much all the time. But then when I run out, I notice I feel aggravated for a while, then it kinda starts balancing out... basically I smoke to quell the anxiety, but me not having MONEY is really WHY I have anxiety... so how does me spending money on herb help me be less anxious... haha that's kinda my vicious cycle.
LSD has changed me for life for sure, and it's taken me years to really understand all that I learned. I feel like you never stop really fully understanding what youve learned on your trips. Because what you learned isnt always obvious. All the information recieved is so subconscious,
so subliminal. It takes new situations/experiences to actually bring out new parts of yourself that were shaped during those psychedelic trips... there's this really hardcore isolating feeling months even years after my phase over-doing LSD. The isolation and disconnection happens with me personally, (just speaking from my own here), because I've gotten locked into doing pretty much the same activities all the time (literally watching the same movies because I dont like to watch anything new, listening to the same music for years for the same reason, replaying the same video games)... and for myself and a lot of people, that's partially due to my circumstances in life and how much access I have to quality of life.
I also like to sleep in the cold. I'm not sure if you ever considered trying some herb but it might help with the body pains! I'm so sorry you have migraines too. Its important not to eat too much processed sugars. Like a cinnamon roll or a bit of ice cream something like that every couple days is ok but not several times a day. I just got over an ice cream binge that lasted 2 weeks. I have gained like 10 pounds. I have food stamps lol.
I really understand what you mean about "not getting used to it" after so many years. My mental health issues make me think I'm okay for a week or two but I really have no idea what is going on. I'm really grumpy and set in my ways when it comes to humor and movies and things like that too.
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 07:47
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Very good. Thanks.

My dad had a brief period when he went to the Masonic lodge when I was a kid. Our mom wasnt around so he'd have to bring me along. I had to wait in the kids room and watch old dusty VHS and play with wooden toys that were too young for me. I remember he explained to me he was looking for the holy grail. I've always thought that was cool. Now that I'm older I dont think the holy grail exists physically I think it's more of an omniscient place within every person's soul that could/should be opened and unlocked. But that's just me. God bless
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 07:48
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I am both tickety and boo, thank you.

Hugs!!!
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 08:00
Originally posted by ProSammy ProSammy wrote:

<span style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">Feeling quite content right now chatting with a girl from </span><span -sheets-value=""1":2,"2":"https://chaturbate.pissedconsumer.com/review."" -sheets-userat=""2":268417,"3":"1":0,"10":2,"14":"1":2,"2":1136076,"15":"Arial","21":1" -sheets-hyper="https://chaturbate.pissedconsumer.com/review." -sheets-hyperruns=""1":0,"2":"https://chaturbate.pissedconsumer.com/review."" style="text-decoration-line: underline; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; text-decoration-skip-ink: none; color: rgb17, 85, 204;">chaturbate</span><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">. Being lazy, lying in bed, one of my dogs is resting her head on my feet. I can smell coffee brewing downstairs</span>
<span style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;"> I guess I should get up, but I don't want to disturb my pup</span><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">

That sounds like a really idyllic morning. I have to make my own coffee. I use a French press . And I use vegan half and half. It's so good.! I want to get a dog soon. I spend a lot of time daydreaming about having a dog with me
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>