FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ian Anderson Announces New Jethro Tull Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RaphaelT View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaphaelT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ian Anderson Announces New Jethro Tull Album
    Posted: April 11 2021 at 07:56
The last two Ian's solo albums were co-sung by Ryan O'Donnell. Which was good idea. The absence of the young singer struck me the most during the 50th Anniversary of Jethro Tull tour (really, singing done by the screen? Tull were too great of a band to deserve that).
The presence of the younger singer on the new album seems necessary. I don't know if it is going to be mr O'Donnell or some other guy.
yet you still have time!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 09:51
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

if Ian is able to choose the correct vocal register and tend to speak his lines in a similar way to the last two studio albums, then I’ll be happy to give it a go..... just don’t ask me to see him live these days. The last tour was painful to watch as I willed him through all those notes.
Agree 100%. It's certainly a true life case of being too old to rock and roll...

Yes..he's 73 years old and one wonders what he needs to prove at this point or if he needs the money...?
Maybe he can call the lp...Too Old To Rock & Roll-Part 2 ?
Wink

LOL He should really be up to Part 4 by now!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 09:47

if Ian is able to choose the correct vocal register and tend to speak his lines in a similar way to the last two studio albums, then I’ll be happy to give it a go..... just don’t ask me to see him live these days. The last tour was painful to watch as I willed him through all those notes.
Agree 100%. It's certainly a true life case of being too old to rock and roll...

Yes..he's 73 years old and one wonders what he needs to prove at this point or if he needs the money...?
Maybe he can call the lp...Too Old To Rock & Roll-Part 2 ?
Wink

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 06:15

Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 14:27
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
SMSM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 13:35
Personally, if stated, I have no problem with artists using vocal enhancements/assistance technology for those in their senior citizen years, or had vocal operations etc

What will matter, will be the compositions/songwriting, which has been a let down for Jethro Tull/Ian Anderson for a while
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 07:35

Yup, I would say so. Still can't imagine Tull without Martin Barre, but that's another story.
That's exactly how I feel. Without Marin, it will be just another Ian Anderson project. Not that is something bad, but it will miss the excellent input of Martin Barre, and his amazing guitar playing.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 16:31

I'm an old Tull fan and I guarantee I won't be buying it.
Stern Smile
yes you will. How will you agrgue that it's not as good as some 60s Tull album if you don't own it?

Come on Steve...you and I both know it will be mediocre stuff....and besides someone will put it on you tube for free to hear.
Wink

That's certainly true about it ending up on YT but I'm not sure that's a great way to experience the music, in other words, through PC speakers. But for some, it's the cheapest option, I suppose.

Well...I plug my Shure headphones into the laptop jack and it sounds as good as my expensive tower speakers most of the time. 
Smile
Never tell a recording engineer that headphones sound as good as speakers as the room you're listening in is responsible for half of the sound dynamics. But that's a another discussion I'm afraid.

Edited by SteveG - March 21 2021 at 16:33
Neu!mann View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neu!mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 16:23
Ian turns 74 this year...I think it's safe to say he's Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll now, and has been for some time.
"we can change the world without anyone noticing the difference" - Franco Falsini
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 15:39

Stern Smile
yes you will. How will you agrgue that it's not as good as some 60s Tull album if you don't own it?

Come on Steve...you and I both know it will be mediocre stuff....and besides someone will put it on you tube for free to hear.
Wink

That's certainly true about it ending up on YT but I'm not sure that's a great way to experience the music, in other words, through PC speakers. But for some, it's the cheapest option, I suppose.

Well...I plug my Shure headphones into the laptop jack and it sounds as good as my expensive tower speakers most of the time. 
Smile
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 15:15

Stern Smile

Wink

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 13:55
I’m old, but not an old Tull fan. I like a few Tull albums, but certainly not as much as some do; and nor do I like all the albums that most seem to. But I did quite enjoy Homo Erraticus. So if it’s similar to that, I might go for it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But it will be well down my “to purchase list”, which is already rather large.... 😄🤪

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 13:32

Stern Smile

Wink

Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 12:53

Stern Smile

Edited by SteveG - March 21 2021 at 12:57
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 12:52
Stern Smile
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 12:19
I said "old Tull fans" so you're exampt.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 12:17
Yeah like at the end of the day, i'm going to pick up a copy whatever the case is honestly. Nothing brings me more joy than funneling my money into Jethro Tull records, CDs, and merch LOL
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 12:13
Ok, make that almost all if us.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 12:12
Or at least borrow a copy from the library or from a Tull-headed friend.  
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 11:59
Let's not kid ourselves. As old Tull fans we're all going to buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>