Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Steven Wilson - The Future Bites Tour cancelled
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steven Wilson - The Future Bites Tour cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steven Wilson - The Future Bites Tour cancelled
    Posted: March 22 2021 at 14:57
The whole tour is cancelled, but 2 new albums in the pipeline.

https://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/the-future-bites-tour-2021-update/

Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 15:39
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

The whole tour is cancelled, but 2 new albums in the pipeline.

https://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/the-future-bites-tour-2021-update/

Thus proving that the future does indeed bite.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 17:05
^ no comment can top that, consider this the end of the thread.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 18:12
The whole album is a marketing ploy........pretty good if u ask me.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 10:36
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

The whole album is a marketing ploy........pretty good if u ask me.

Hi,

Not sure about that ... I think he is more experimenting into what he wants to do, and really does not care that much to what many folks say ... but then, many of us "prog'rs" hearing Uncle Elton on one song, was an ear and eye popper for us ... sir Ian McKellen would have been a better person to have done that ... but no ... you have to go for a "biggie" kind of thing to show who you have as friends? ... 

That it sells some, or enough to pay a few bills and keep him running, is all he cares about, and he's probably aware that some folks not liking it, is still going to give him a fair number of sales ... so it's all OK, and he can say that this "prog'r" or that "fan" or what not is not for him!

I think he has one or two more things that will show some things that he might take up or not ... but then, I just got his first PT album ... and it's full of "pop" songs, all done intentionally weird and a variety of voices, so seeing him do the same thing with his "new material" ... is not a surprise, and should not be for anyone else.

What is strange is him totally disregarding the long cuts that he has done since the start and one friend of ours calling PT (then!!!) a new PF for the 90's ... which has completely been discarded ... and likely because so much of THE INCIDENT got trashed because it did not have a "single" for the rock fans to love! I don't think the album was designed to be for a "single" or some sort of radio ... I think it was very personal and intentionally thought out and done ... and it was a very nice album ... sadly disliked.

That the tour got cancelled is not a surprise ... unless you want to play in front of a bunch of skeletons and zombies. IN which case, SW would be the wrong artist, anyway! I don't see venues for music being open for another year plus ... though many folks are so eager and "tarados" that they want it now, just like a specific "festival".
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2021 at 18:30
The gods of prog punished him!!!
LOL LOL
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 08:33
Originally posted by judahbenkenobi judahbenkenobi wrote:

The gods of prog punished him!!!
LOL LOL
Hi,

I don't dislike him, but I think he needs a dose of humility, probably the first time he changes a baby's diapers ... unless he has sworn off children which would punish him solidly!

(... btw, that is a reference to Robin Williams bit about changing diapers ... "I'm gonna get even with you!)

Edited by moshkito - June 14 2021 at 08:33
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply