Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kenny Mitchell - Voyager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kenny Mitchell - Voyager
    Posted: March 24 2021 at 08:56
Hi all,

If anyone is interested I have just finished re-recording my two track album Voyager and have replaced the original two tracks on Bandcamp with the new versions.

The two instrumental tracks are entitled simply  Voyager 1  and Voyager 2 ,  and have running times respectively of 25.26 and 25.27

The album was originally released in 2013 and was remixed in 2015 but I was never happy with the original recordings, especially in the area of the drums, and because I lost the original files in an irreversible computer crash I couldn't attempt any further remixing so decided to do the whole thing again from scratch. I started the work in March 2020 and with much time out due to having to work on other  projects and for various other reasons I have just managed to get it finished almost a year to the day after it was started.

Give it a listen if you have the time.

https://kennymitchell.bandcamp.com/album/voyager

Edited by flyingveepixie - March 25 2021 at 03:18
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2021 at 06:20
Originally posted by flyingveepixie flyingveepixie wrote:

Hi all,

If anyone is interested I have just finished re-recording my two track album Voyager and have replaced the original two tracks on Bandcamp with the new versions.

The two instrumental tracks are entitled simply  Voyager 1  and Voyager 2 ,  and have running times respectively of 25.26 and 25.27

The album was originally released in 2013 and was remixed in 2015 but I was never happy with the original recordings, especially in the area of the drums, and because I lost the original files in an irreversible computer crash I couldn't attempt any further remixing so decided to do the whole thing again from scratch. I started the work in March 2020 and with much time out due to having to work on other  projects and for various other reasons I have just managed to get it finished almost a year to the day after it was started.

Give it a listen if you have the time.

https://kennymitchell.bandcamp.com/album/voyager

Thanks Kenny - having purchaed and downloaded the previous version, I've now downloaded the updated tracks from Bandcamp and will give them a listen!

David
Seasons Of Change - weekly programme on community radio: http://seasonsofchangeradio.blogspot.com.au/
flyingveepixie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2021 at 07:08
Cheers David. 

It's been re-recorded pretty much note for note but hopefully you'll notice a big difference in the overall production which I think is to a higher standard than the original was. 

All the acoustic guitar parts are now played on my 6 string rather than my old 12 string which fell apart and I never got around to buying a new one.    I also have a different strat than the one I used first time round - with a maple fingerboard as opposed to rosewood on the previous one, so the strat parts are maybe all a little bit brighter sounding.   The biggest thorn in my side however was always the drum sounds so I hope they sound a lot better now.

I also remixed  my other albums  'The Light and The Dark'  and  'Cinematica'  quite recently too and have re-published  'Cinematica'  as a series of 32 short tracks as an alternative to the 3 x 28 minute tracks (although the remixed full length versions are still there too).  Personally I still prefer the long versions but some people have suggested to me that some of my tracks are too long so I try to keep everyone happy  :)

I believe you own both these albums too if you ever want to re-download them in their alternative up-to-date formats.

All the best..

Kenny

Edited by flyingveepixie - March 26 2021 at 08:30
 Post Reply Post Reply