Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums should i reveiw?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What albums should i reveiw?
    Posted: March 30 2021 at 09:39
Can you guys recommend me some albums that you think are good but are underground/ dont have many reveiws that you would like me to listen to and reveiw. (Note: If it has been a long time since this post, don't hesitate to post your request, as i am sure i will be on this site for a long time in the future.)
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:19
I appreciate your wish to review albums without lots of reviews already! This should be one of our basic principles here, and I personally always find it much more rewarding to be the first reviewer.

I don't have any specific suggestions, just review whatever unreviewed albums/bands that you happen to know and like. Besides, I don't know your taste.

By the way, one of the most uncovered subgenres here is Post-Rock (not exactly among my strong areas), where a vast majority of bands are not reviewed at all.
Cboi Sandlin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:27
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

I appreciate your wish to review albums without lots of reviews already! This should be one of our basic principles here, and I personally always find it much more rewarding to be the first reviewer.

I don't have any specific suggestions, just review whatever unreviewed albums/bands that you happen to know and like. Besides, I don't know your taste.

By the way, one of the most uncovered subgenres here is Post-Rock (not exactly among my strong areas), where a vast majority of bands are not reviewed at all.

Okay well i will look for stuff i like, but im trying to try new things, so that's why i am asking for some suggestions. I know that you dont know what i like, im just asking whoever posts on this thread to recommend what they like
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:29
It really depends on what you like. If you like psychedelic krautrock, I would suggest Amon Duul II's first 4 albums as they were not reviewed here in ages.

Edited by SteveG - March 30 2021 at 11:35
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:34
Them Moose Rush, Marco Minnemann, Covet, and Intervals are four bands that don't have many reviews.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - March 30 2021 at 10:37
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:40
A band that I like ..I have Fain but Ruins came out in 2016 and I quite like it...strange mix of prog folk rock and psychy blues rock etc....hard to pin them down. Give this a go....... Wink
Wolf People -Ruins
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53165

Edited by dr wu23 - March 30 2021 at 10:42
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:49

^ Oh, this is good! Gotta check out some more! Smile

Edited by SteveG - March 30 2021 at 11:36
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:50
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:54
Just wanted to clarify that i am asking for specific albums. If you recommend to me an artist, i will still check them out and stuff, but i would prefer that you recommend specific albums. Thank you.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:03
Geez, a slave driver. Wink
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:10
http://www.progarchives.com/UnreviewedAlbums.asp

Start from the top and let us know when you're done. LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:12
Originally posted by Hiram Hiram wrote:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:23
Tongue
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Hiram Hiram wrote:

LOLTongue very funny
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:26
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Well, there is Phrozenlight...

And then after that, there's Buckethead...

Oh, that's just cruel. LOL
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:35
Originally posted by Cboi Sandlin Cboi Sandlin wrote:

Just wanted to clarify that i am asking for specific albums. If you recommend to me an artist, i will still check them out and stuff, but i would prefer that you recommend specific albums. Thank you.
Of those I recommended, review the latest release of each artist.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:44
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Originally posted by Cboi Sandlin Cboi Sandlin wrote:

Of those I recommended, review the latest release of each artist.
Okay i will give those a shot. Thank you Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 12:42
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

It really depends on what you like. If you like psychedelic krautrock, I would suggest Amon Duul II's first 4 albums as they were not reviewed here in ages.
I reviewed their first album (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2530278), i will get to the other 3 in the near future. Thanks for your request, i appreciate it.Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 12:42
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

A band that I like ..I have Fain but Ruins came out in 2016 and I quite like it...strange mix of prog folk rock and psychy blues rock etc....hard to pin them down. Give this a go....... Wink
Wolf People -Ruins
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53165

wow, that's epic
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 13:38
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

Hi,

Out of curiosity ... how do I search for "Post-Rock" ... don't see it listed in the main menu.

Thx
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
luisM. View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luisM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 13:46
There is not bad music, just different tastes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>