4 [17.39%]
4 [17.39%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liqorice yay, ney or yuch!!
    Posted: April 05 2021 at 07:03
Resent reaction videos of people experiencing liqorice, if you travel to any of the nordic countries or holland, the tollerance for salty/salmiac flavoured licorice is so high that people with little exposure to such lacrish is worsd or as bad as a spoonfull of cinnamon/habanero/wasabi shock. Yet to some demographic of nordic europe and holland for some reason loves the variarion of licorice

I ALLOw MULTIPLE VOTES, VOTE WITH CARE AND INSIGHT    

Edited by Icarium - May 02 2021 at 10:40
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 07:53
Black Liquorice YES!!!
Black liquorice jelly beans are the best!

Red sucks.

How can this not be good?

It is mainly used as fertilizer and a flavouring agent in some types of liquorice. It is the product from the reaction of hydrochloric acid and ammonia.

Edited by JD - April 05 2021 at 07:56
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 08:53
Yay + the more the merrier! 

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 08:55
I freaking love liquorice. Sweet or salty, soft or hard, it’s all soooo good. My only problem with liquorice is I never know when to stop, and this results in some very interesting results when it comes out at the other end.....

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 08:57
I love it, but I usually refrain from it because of tension issues.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 11:35
Hell yeah - I still chew liquorice root sometimes; used to get through loads as a kid.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 13:15
Yeah! You've never had licorice until you've had Black Australian Licorice. It will melt your face. (Just kidding.)
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 19:14
Swedish salted black licorice.....or Kookaburra black from Australia.....or a shot of chilled black szambuca......or Greek ouzo over ice and tonic.  I even have licorice scented air fresheners around the house and car.  

I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 00:43
Yay, of course!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 02:22
Pass. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 04:44
Big yay from me. It always puzzles me to see the disdain for it..well just about anywhere that isn’t Scandinavia or the north-western part of Europe. I’ve seen some fairly fun jootoob vids of fx Irish folks trying their hand with the black stuff...never ends well.
I do have a preference for strong, salty, amoniumy and at times chili-hot licorice. I can’t stomach what I generally refer to as castrated licorice, y’know the sweet variant.
Here in Denmark we eat a lot of Haribo Matador mix. Ever since I was a little kid the Matador has ruled supreme. Yet the one thing that’s always left in the bag are those incredibly bland sweet licorice pieces. Oh the horror!
Nah the hotter and saltier the better..at least for my tastebuds.
Piratos mmmmm.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 06:33
^ it is the irish vids i am refearing to, i have a fondness for Lolsy /Laura Byrne
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 07:04
As long as it's not too salty, sure 
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 09:05
Mmm mmm ooh ooh YAY
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 09:52
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

^ it is the irish vids i am refearing to, i have a fondness for Lolsy /Laura Byrne

I prefer to watch their drinking vids tbh
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 11:19
Licorice is not good for you if you are over 40..have high blood pressure, heart or kidney disease, etc....
but then I drink bourbon and too much craft beer so,,,,,

Stern Smile
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 11:46
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

I prefer to watch their drinking vids tbh
those are fun, them drinking absint
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 14:02
I'm afraid its a 'Yuch' from me but my wife adores it! Ive grown the plant (Glycyrrhiza glabra) a number of times (In botanic garden displays and in the Kitchen garden) 

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 10:39
Im eating delightful licorice as we speak and its very good, savory and juicy, sour and grim as i like it. Sunday evening is lacorice evening.
 Post Reply Post Reply