Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > News from Official Prog Suppliers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Laser’s Edge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Laser’s Edge
    Posted: April 06 2021 at 20:37

The Laser's Edge is another website that has sales. They also sell vinyl. If you are fan of prog, fusion, metal, hard rock or classic rock then they are sure to have something for you. Prog rock and prog metal is their specialty but you will find other stuff as well. 

https://www.lasercd.com/

Five dollar sale: https://www.lasercd.com/fr/the-5-special-returns-with-new-titles-check-em-out

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 06 2021 at 20:39
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 09:55
Thanks for the link and mention  ...some decent $5 deals there.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 12:42
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The Laser's Edge is another website that has sales. They also sell vinyl. If you are fan of prog, fusion, metal, hard rock or classic rock then they are sure to have something for you. Prog rock and prog metal is their specialty but you will find other stuff as well. 

https://www.lasercd.com/

Five dollar sale: https://www.lasercd.com/fr/the-5-special-returns-with-new-titles-check-em-out

I've been buying LPs from them for many years. You get points for each purchase so signup for that. They ship quick if in stock, and yea they have good prices. I have 3 records on pre-order with them now.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 20:26
I don't currently buy vinyl but I have bought several cds from him over the years including some at Rosfest and Nearfest. He is good for prog vinyl though. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 14:39
I just received the Quest by Yes in the mail today from the laser's edge. I didn't play it yet though.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 14:43

I just received the Quest by Yes in the mail today from the laser's edge. I didn't play it yet though.

Fasten your cummerbund! LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 15:11
Well, drop...I mean vers I'm not expecting much. ;) So as long as it's not as bad as open your eyes I'll be ok. This will be the last one I preorder though without hearing first. I've just ready too many bad things about it. Apparently it's still not as bad as H&E(which I haven't heard yet) though.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 13 2021 at 15:12
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 16:12
I see you over there, too, buddy! LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 16:53

Send it back....
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 17:15
LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 18:01
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Right. I am ze Digital Man. Tongue My sig gives me away just like the ebay link does for you. ;) 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2021 at 18:03
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Send it back....

I'm kind of a completionist when it comes to Yes so I'll probably keep it. Plus it's not too bad so far. Nothing mindblowing but come on most of these guys are 65 plus. 
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2021 at 10:05

Right. I am ze Digital Man. Tongue My sig gives me away just like the ebay link does for you. ;)

I didn't even notice your sig. I just know who you are. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2021 at 12:11

I didn't even notice your sig. I just know who you are. Wink

I know who you are too (obviously). 

For me, I suspected you were "that guy over there" before I saw the ebay link because of the location and also the fact that you can't hide snarky. LOL The ebay link sealed the deal though. Wink 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 14 2021 at 12:18
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2021 at 12:24
Hidin'? Who is hidin'? Not me. LOL
PaulG View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2022 at 09:45
I will make comment on Ken Golden and The Lasers Edge. Ken is a standout guy. I have been working with him for over 17 years. 98% of all cds are purchased through Lasers Edge. Never a problem. The one time I was sent the wrong title all I had to do was call and I was refunded after return. Last order I received 46.35 discount per loyalty points. Prices are the best I’ve seen on the internet or elsewhere. So is inventory when it comes to my MOC music of choice. Extremely good selection of prog and Prog-fusion. Decent selection of 5 dollar classic rock releases. He often gets the limited and special editions. One can also ask Ken if he can get releases in too. Very nice man to talk with too. Check out In the Prog Seat via Sea of Tranquillity every other Tuesday for the professor of prog. The Lasers Edge also has in house label for different sub-genres of progressive music. The small roster of bands he has signed are impressive and of high quality. I’m not kissin arse here. Just commenting on an excellent affordable way to get your Prog music in hand. The options for us are dwindling fast. Ken told me he would keep selling Prog music til the day he died. Bravo. I will not succumb to the dark side/Amazon. Prices from the “independent’s” there are astronomical. There’s a few ex affordable “independent” venders of prog selling under another name there. Bravo for people like Ken keeping the affordable route going. He is a rare breed.   
sebprosperi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebprosperi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2022 at 15:26
Hey!
Just wanted to let you know that the band Bastian Per is giving away physical albums for free! All you must do to participate is submit you email on the following form:
If you have a friend that loves progressive rock and appreciates the physical format, it would be awesome if you could share this giveaway link with him.
Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply