Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Popol Vuh - The essential album collection vol 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Popol Vuh - The essential album collection vol 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Popol Vuh - The essential album collection vol 2
    Posted: April 09 2021 at 03:05
I'm sorry to all those who clicked the title hoping to know something about the topic from me. I've created it to gather any information myself. So is there anybody with any knowledge about next bunch of Popol Vuh albums reissues? When it is going to happen? What albums are to be included? 
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 07:17
You see...I didn’t even know that there existed a volume 1
I’d be very interested in new/unreleased material.
I own most of their albums and have no lust for remasters.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 07:53
Hi,

I'm not sure that PV needs remasters ... their work is not about lyrics or some sort of rock ideal ... it's about quiet and meditation ... and moments that are not exactly identified with the majority of "music" out there, and specially the stuff that is listed in numbers and by numbers!

I don't see where a cleaner copy of one of the albums would make the material even better ... I simply do not see it ... but in this modern day and age, some "re-thisorthat" seems to be a nice little sell ... for any group out there ... so I'm not surprised to hear it ... but I don't think that my first meditation on PV 40 years ago, was any better or different, than it is today ... so another CD or LP ... is a dead end for me. Not to mention the endless re-issues of stuff that is 2nd tier and not very good ... they could at least release the meditative and experimental material but that is closed off ... and we know via Werner Herzog that there were hundreds of tapes of material everywhere.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Artik View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2021 at 18:04
So finaly comes Vol. 2 – Acoustic & Ambient Spheres

"The editions contains the albums Seligpreisung (1973), Coeur de Verre (OST for the Werner Herzog Move “Coeur de Verre” 1978), Agape-Agape Love Love (1983) and Cobra Verde (OST for the Werner Herzog Movie 1987). All albums have been newly remastered on heavyweight 180g audiophile vinyl including one bonus track per album. The vinyls appear with adjusted original artworks. The boxset is completed by three picture prints, a picture still from the Movie “Coeur de Verre” and the original movie poster of “Cobra Verde” (both in Din A3 format) and an insert with detailed liners and photos."

There are two different release dates, depending on the source. Some say 22 October 2021, the others 26 Nov 21. Anyway it's on the horizon. 

Edited by Artik - September 23 2021 at 18:04
 Post Reply Post Reply